Windows 10: Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

Discus and support Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I... in Cortana to solve the problem; I don't know how to fix this issue if there is already an answer to this problem, please tell me.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sebastian Elizalde, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

I don't know how to fix this issue if there is already an answer to this problem, please tell me.

:)

Sebastian Elizalde, Mar 19, 2023

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 19, 2023
  3. D. Joe Win User
    Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

1. Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I... - Similar Threads - Whenever open taskbar

2. Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...: I don't know how to fix this issue if there is already an answer to this problem, please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-open-my-taskbar-search-it-tabs-through/1fc98191-2189-4fef-b215-7673bef9d8cb
  3. Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I open my taskbar search it tabs through every search and program rapidly as if I...: I don't know how to fix this issue if there is already an answer to this problem, please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-open-my-taskbar-search-it-tabs-through/1fc98191-2189-4fef-b215-7673bef9d8cb
  4. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Cortana
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  5. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  6. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

7. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  8. Search will not work through the taskbar

Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  9. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Cortana
  10. Gamebar seems to be stuck tabbing through widgets whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamebar seems to be stuck tabbing through widgets whenever I open it: Title. I open game bar, and am just greeted to the widgets spazzing out as my computer seems to tab through them at mach 5 speed. Tried restarting the process and everything, and weirdly enough only xbox gamebar seems to be the thing stuck with a sticky key. Anyone know a...