Windows 10: Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

Discus and support Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I open the windows explorer to power off my PC and the selection box will move up to the start and when I go to the search part it will cycle through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Noah cool guy, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

I open the windows explorer to power off my PC and the selection box will move up to the start and when I go to the search part it will cycle through all of the selections as if I was holding TAB but my hands are off of my keyboard and mouse

:)

Noah cool guy, Feb 19, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 19, 2023
  3. duckvenom Win User
    Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Feb 19, 2023
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

1. Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word... - Similar Threads - Whenever open search

2. Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

in Cortana
    Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...: I open the windows explorer to power off my PC and the selection box will move up to the start and when I go to the search part it will cycle through all of the selections as if I was holding TAB but my hands are off of my keyboard and mouse...
  3. Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...: I open the windows explorer to power off my PC and the selection box will move up to the start and when I go to the search part it will cycle through all of the selections as if I was holding TAB but my hands are off of my keyboard and mouse...
  4. Whenever I open the search bar at the bottom it will start selecting all of the little word...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom: My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom. This also happens in the settings app, but not anywhere else. My selection seems to scroll upwards and to the side. Is there any way I can fix this? Would updating to Windows 11 possibly...
  6. My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom: My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom. This also happens in the settings app, but not anywhere else. My selection seems to scroll upwards and to the side. Is there any way I can fix this? Would updating to Windows 11 possibly...
  7. My selection keeps on moving when In the windows menu or the search bar on the bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Search Bar selection issue

in Cortana
    Search Bar selection issue: Whenever i try to search something on the windows menu i get one letter into typing and then it highlights run as if i had used tab or the arrow keys to quickly navigate to it. If i reselect the search box it auto completes the search ending up searching for the name of the...
  9. I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...: When I select to open any document in the browser or I drag the file to the browser, it downloads the document and does not open at all in the browser. I have the same problem with chrome, firefox and edge chrominum I want to open the document in the document viewer of the...
  10. Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?: Back in build 9879 i had chosen to move my taskbar for the left to change it up a bit. Once i decided to put it back to the bottom it decided to be thicker then it was originally and the pinned programs don't even stretch down to the bottom. i have gone through 9926, and now...