Windows 10: Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop

Discus and support Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Problem shown here in this video https://imgur.com/a/PKO2gkk Only when the xbox game pass app is open. My HDR will flash in the corner and whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spirit animals, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop

Problem shown here in this video https://imgur.com/a/PKO2gkk

Only when the xbox game pass app is open. My HDR will flash in the corner and whenever I move the mouse over the app or drag the app window it will flash black constantly. If I minimize the app, it stops doing it. Everything else works fine. Its a new prebuilt PC i just purchased yesterday and I have all the latest drivers and updates. 4K resolution.

:)

spirit animals, Feb 20, 2021

2. Screen goes black when using game bar on HDR monitor

Having this exact issue here:

Windows 10 HDR gaming screen blanking issues

Users in the thread claim this was fixed with a game bar update. I'm on the latest and still deal with this infuriating issue, and have since I started using an HDR screen for games (years).

When I activate the game bar, the screen identifies the overlay as SDR content and pulls my monitor out of HDR mode, which results in a black screen for a couple seconds, then remains in SDR until the overlay is gone, followed by another black screen as
    the monitor goes back into HDR mode.

Also happens with achievements and invites, which I assume are overlay items.

This does not happen in windowed mode for games, but does in borderless window and fullscreen.

I'm stunned this isn't a more widespread issue, but maybe there aren't as many people using HDR monitors as I think there are.

XArcanumOrderX, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in July Xbox

Source: Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 4, and More - Xbox Wire

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop

1. Whenever I open xbox game pass app my screen HDR freaks out and it flashes black nonstop - Similar Threads - Whenever open xbox

2. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  3. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  4. My Windows 11 is freaking out and flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 is freaking out and flashing: My Windows 11 just started flashing and spasming like crazy. It's not a display issue, because when I go to the ctrl+alt+delete or login screen, it's fine, but once I'm logged in, all of my windows and explorer Taskbar+wallpaper start flowing on and off, and the windows start...
  5. My Windows 11 is freaking out and flashing

My Windows 11 is freaking out and flashing: My Windows 11 just started flashing and spasming like crazy. It's not a display issue, because when I go to the ctrl+alt+delete or login screen, it's fine, but once I'm logged in, all of my windows and explorer Taskbar+wallpaper start flowing on and off, and the windows start...
  6. Just bought a new PC. Whenever I open the Xbox game pass app it does this constantly. Any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought a new PC. Whenever I open the Xbox game pass app it does this constantly. Any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sushiiisenpai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo3al5/just_bought_a_new_pc_whenever_i_open_the_xbox/
  7. My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.: Whenever I am opening my camera app, i can only see black screen, Its my laptop running on windows 10 and the camera name is Hd user facing, the device has updated drivers of 10.0.19041.488 but still i am facing this issue, please help me resolve this....
  8. broke the Xbox Game Pass app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    broke the Xbox Game Pass app: TL;DR: Xbox Game Pass app isn't opening and I can't reinstall it to try fix it. I know Halloween is over, but please listen to my long and sordid tale of horror. It all started one rainy day when I replaced a couple of my old HDDs with a brand new SSD. I cloned one HDD...
  9. XBox Game Pass for PC App

XBox Game Pass for PC App: The App for Xbox GAme Pass for PC isn't loading, how long is this issue likely to last? how long will it be in Beta for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-app/6c53333a-157e-40ee-b2c5-82518fe15848
  10. Xbox App game pass installation

Xbox App game pass installation: I recently subscribe to xbox gamepass and downloaded ark survival,midway through the download my laptop shut off and the progress was lost,does someone know where the apps are installed so I can find it and delete the old ark file or anyway to restart the download from where...