Windows 10: Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...

Discus and support Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just updated my window and now i a facing problem with ssd. whenever i optimized my Solid State Drive then after some time it show me Never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaveenYadav530, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...

I just updated my window and now i a facing problem with ssd. whenever i optimized my Solid State Drive then after some time it show me Never Optimized, Needs Optimization.

:)

NaveenYadav530, Jun 10, 2020

2. SSD optimization, ect performance ...

Hello,

I called on the Microsoft Community to ask you for an opinion on SSD. I have two SSDs on the laptop, please tell me if I can do optimization, checkdisk, ect ... Please give me all the test steps of the SSD. Thank you! Wait
    for response! A good day!

AdrianDragomir1, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Clint Win User
    Optimize SSD

Since I've installed a SSD, When I run Optimize it says never run-needs optimization. It will never run on it. Any suggestions?

Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs... [​IMG]

Clint, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...

Windows 10 can not optimize HDD, says it is a SSD Help

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Does the BIOS recognizes the disk as HDD or SSD?

Suggest you to set the Optimize Drives Service to start automatically from the services window to check if that helps.

1. Open the run window, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
    2. Search for Optimize Drives Service and select the start-up type as automatic. Also ensure to start the service.

If you have set SATA controller to AHCI mode for Solid State Drive, in Device Manager it would show as SATA hard disk.

Follow these steps:

1. Click start, type “Defragment” and click “Defragment and Optimize your drives”.
    2. On the “Defragment and Optimize your drives” window. Make sure that your SSD is categorized as an SSD.
    3. If it’s not, then you can set it as a SSD on your bios. This way, you don’t have to exclude your SSD or disable any scheduled defragmentation.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...

1. Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs... - Similar Threads - Whenever perform optimization

2. SSD Optimization Tips for better performance on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    SSD Optimization Tips for better performance on Windows PC: [ATTACH]SSD or Solid State Drive is a great way to increase your read and write pace by leaps and bounds. But there is still a lot you can do to improve the performance further. This article will give you some SSD optimization tips for better performance, so, go through them...
  3. First SSD, how to care for it to optimize longevity or performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    First SSD, how to care for it to optimize longevity or performance?: finally after many years, I caved and bought a SSD. i've always worried about the lifespan of it considering cost/GB vs HDD. What should I do to optimize my SSD? different sites have different tips/options to change. 175629
  4. optimize ssd or not

optimize ssd or not: Hi, I'm reading all kind of things about obtimizing my ssd or not using Windows "Defragment and Optimize Drives". Apparently there is or was a bug with Windows wrongly degramenting the ssd. What should I do now ? Keep "Scheduled optimization" turned off for my ssds ? Or...
  5. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I know this has been beaten to death. The answer seems to depend upon the person answering. I cannot figure out whether I should turn windows on or off and if on, for what frequency a month or a week. Thee is a lot of Google gossip that all SSDs should not be optimized then...
  6. SSD optimization, ect performance ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD optimization, ect performance ...: Hello, I called on the Microsoft Community to ask you for an opinion on SSD. I have two SSDs on the laptop, please tell me if I can do optimization, checkdisk, ect ... Please give me all the test steps of the SSD. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  7. SSD Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD Optimization: I've recently had to install the 1903 Feature Update. I had delayed this by changing settings to indicate I was on a metered connection and Microsoft gave me the option to update. Eventually they must have lost patience and I no longer had the option. Previous Feature updates...
  8. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I don't know anything about the SSD in my machine. I have Windows optimizer set for monthly as I thought we should do. Please correct me if I am wrong. Then I read the following and wonder if all this is necessary for the average user to treat the SSD properly? Things You...
  9. Optimize my computer's performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize my computer's performance: My computer runs too slower, how to make my computer faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimize-my-computers-performance/582d6fdb-8842-4189-8ca8-c0afbef0fea7
  10. Optimize SSD

Optimize SSD: Since I've installed a SSD, When I run Optimize it says never run-needs optimization. It will never run on it. Any suggestions? [img] 66691