Windows 10: Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds

Discus and support Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds. I have a Lenovo 4384AJ9 ThinkPad. I have tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlBegert, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds

Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds.

I have a Lenovo 4384AJ9 ThinkPad. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, running the troubleshooter, and currently I just did a reset on my system. I am thinking this is a hardware issue. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carl B

:)

CarlBegert, Aug 23, 2019

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 23, 2019
  3. No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Liliumcat Win User

Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds

Sound cuts out when in game and call

My headset's sound cuts out when i'm calling my friends and playing games at the same time. This usually happens 30-40 minutes in. It happens with every single program that we have tried, including
    skype, curse voice, discord, and even facebook (since we were pretty desperate). I have recently purchased a Steelseries Siberia 150 headset, however I doubt that the headset itself is malfunctioning, since I was having issues with my previous headset too.

When the sound cuts out, I can't hear anything from the call or the game, and my friends can't hear me. Reconnecting to the game solves the in-game sound issues, but doesn't affect the call, obviously. I've
    noticed that the sound sometimes cuts out in a pattern. I can hear in-game sounds for roughly 2 seconds, and then can't hear anything for another 2, and this repeats consistently. Youtube remains unaffected, and I can hear everything on it when the sound in
    game is gone.

I've noticed that these issues are nowhere near as common when I am not calling anyone, and practically never happen when I am playing offline games.

Kind of desperate at this point, so any suggestion is completely welcome. Thanks in advance!

Liliumcat, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds

1. Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds - Similar Threads - Whenever play Youtube

2. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  3. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  4. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and speaker will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  5. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps: Occassionally when playing games or using Zoom/other video conferencing software on my Windows 10 PC, the audio will just stop. Playing a YouTube video for a second will get the sound back, but this is annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!...
  6. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps: Occassionally when playing games or using Zoom/other video conferencing software on my Windows 10 PC, the audio will just stop. Playing a YouTube video for a second will get the sound back, but this is annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!...
  7. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

8. BSOD Whenever not playing games.

BSOD Whenever not playing games.: I started getting frequent crashed a couple weeks ago. The odd thing was it was only when I wasn't gaming so when I was doing homework or work on google it would randomly crash. I scanned hard drive and memory, stress tested the CPU made sure all my drivers were up to date. I...
  9. BSOD Whenever Playing Games

BSOD Whenever Playing Games: Whenever I am playing games sometimes my PC will BSOD. I get a couple different types of errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED just to name a few. I've had this issue for years but it used to happen very infrequently but now it will happen on...
  10. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think: Whenever I’m playing age of empires 3 with my friends every so often I’ll hear a do do do doo sound with the pitch getting higher and higher each time. Haven’t been to any sketchy websites or downloaded anything sketchy. submitted by /u/Sorcer12 [link] [comments]...