Windows 10: whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

Discus and support whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have attached screenshot for that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suman sinha1, May 24, 2023.

1. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

i have attached screenshot for that.

:)

suman sinha1, May 24, 2023

2. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Hi FrankyMacky,

I understand your concern about installing third-party tools on your work laptop. In that case, you can try using the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to create a task that runs the command "tasklist" or a similar command to list running processes and their associated windows. You can then filter the output to show only the ones associated with the Alt+Tab list.

To do this, you can follow these steps:

> Open Task Scheduler by typing "Task Scheduler" in the Windows search bar.

> Click on "Create Task" in the "Actions" pane on the right.

> In the "General" tab, give your task a name and select "Run with highest privileges".

> In the "Triggers" tab, click "New" and set a trigger to run the task at a certain interval, such as every 5 minutes.

> In the "Actions" tab, click "New" and set the action to run the command "tasklist" or a similar command.

> In the "Conditions" tab, check the box for "Start only if the following network connection is available" and select your preferred network connection.

> In the "Settings" tab, check the box for "Allow task to be run on demand" and "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".

> Click "OK" to create the task.

Once the task is created, you can run it manually to get a list of running processes and their associated windows, and then filter the output to show only the ones associated with the Alt+Tab list. This should help you identify the unnamed task without installing any third-party tools.

I hope this solution works for you. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., May 24, 2023
  3. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Hi, John,

Unfortunately, monitoring the task manager for a long period of time is not feasible for me, as the computer is a tool with which I need to accomplish the tasks of my job. I would say the same about learning about all processes in the task list.

If I were to size up the options, my view is that Windows lacks the tools with which to practically track down the mystery item on the Alt+Tab list, with no identifying details. It seems to me that Windows 10 has been designed to work well only with the new format of the Alt+Tab list. No consideration has been given to its impact on the old formatting of the Alt+Tab list.

FrankyMacky, May 24, 2023
  4. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Hi, John,

I'm familiar with table lookups and SQL "joins". But I'm not sure how I would cross-reference the mystery Alt+Tab task with the records from "tasklist" or the task manager. Normally, there is a field containing data in one table that is used to lookup records in another table.

I cannot make the problem occur at will, but I do recall that the mystery item on the Alt+Tab list had no informative identifying information.

FrankyMacky, May 24, 2023
Thema:

whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

1. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing. - Similar Threads - whenever press alt+tab

2. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  3. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  4. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  5. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.: i have attached screenshot for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alttab-there-is-two-tasks-open/59e0318d-3893-4cca-911d-f16003ffdd75
  7. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.: i have attached screenshot for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alttab-there-is-two-tasks-open/59e0318d-3893-4cca-911d-f16003ffdd75
  8. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  9. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  10. cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?: My laptops been acting strangely since the update but one thing that's been most annoying is whenever I type anywhere I have to press alt + tab to get my cursor to move again otherwise it stays frozen in place. Oh update I learned while typing this out rn is that I can also...