Windows 10: Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems...

Discus and support Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Control Key acts as if it is stuck whenever I press it along with the D key as some games require you to crouch or sprint with the Control Key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonCHK, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems...

My Control Key acts as if it is stuck whenever I press it along with the D key as some games require you to crouch or sprint with the Control Key. I cannot find a fix to the problem, I've changed my keyboard and disabled sticky keys and such, but it still does not work. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers but it does not work, so what could be the issue here?

:)

BrandonCHK, Aug 23, 2020
  2. DylanMika Win User

Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing an issue with my pc (Windows 10) recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen
    keyboard confirms that the CTRL key is pressed down. Here are the things I have tried to fix this:

• press both CTRL keys for 15 seconds
    • turn off sticky keys, toggle keys, and filter keys
    • switch out my keyboard
    • plug my keyboard into a different usb port
    • uninstall and reinstall my keyboard drivers
    • hold CTRL + Shift for 15 seconds
    • reinstall windows
    • run system file checker

The problem seems to be completely random, but occurs mostly when I'm running a program other than a web browser, such as a game. Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

DylanMika, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Unocal Win User
    CTRL key acts as if it's stuck?

Hey!

I'm running Windows 10, and for a few weeks now, it has been acting as if the CTRL key is jammed. I replaced my keyboard with multiple others, and the problem persisted. I read a few forums, and one suggested to press both CTRL keys at the same time,
    which only worked once. Then, another said to open the virtual keyboard. This showed clearly that the keys were indeed held down, but I couldn't deactivate them from there, so it really didn't help. Are there any fixes to this?

Unocal, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Paul_Popa Win User

Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems...

Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4

I have this problem where Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4 and Right CTRL acts as CTRL+3.

For example when I`m using my browser and I need to copy something, whenever I try to press CTRL+C, the tab gets switched to the forth one before the highlighted text got copied.

Sticky keys are not on, I tried to uninstall the drivers from keyboard and I even done a clean install of windows 10, but without success, the problem still persists

Paul_Popa, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems...

1. Whenever I press CTRL+D my computer acts as if the CTRL key is stuck and it causes problems... - Similar Threads - Whenever press CTRL+D

2. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  3. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  4. My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.: I have a HP Spectre x360 that I've owned for 2 years now. Recently when I try to use the keyboard, on-screen keyboard, or a USB attached keyboard, my laptop will think that I constantly have the Ctrl or Fn keys pressed down. If I click H in the Google Chrome search bar by...
  5. My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.: I have a HP Spectre x360 that I've owned for 2 years now. Recently when I try to use the keyboard, on-screen keyboard, or a USB attached keyboard, my laptop will think that I constantly have the Ctrl or Fn keys pressed down. If I click H in the Google Chrome search bar by...
  6. ctrl key acts as if it's stuck whenever I connect graphics tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl key acts as if it's stuck whenever I connect graphics tablet: I had windows 7 on my pc and for years this tablet worked normally. I tried using it on my brother's pc which had windows 10 and I couldn't do anything because the ctrl key was on the whole time even after disconnecting the tablet. I now have a new pc with windows 10 and I'm...
  7. Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck: It doesn't happen until a few seconds after I log into my profile.Then it's stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acts-as-if-its-stuck/a4130b80-fbb9-48a3-8377-44f5f9248e24
  8. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  9. Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not: Hey guys, I've been experiencing an issue with my pc Windows 10 recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen keyboard...
  10. Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed: Good afternoon, after trying many solutions to my problem, I decided to open a question because it is quite maddening. I have a very normal keyboard, GXT Trust Gaming, a piece-made PC So when I press any of the Ctrl, alt or Windows keys, they act as if they are pressed...