Windows 10: Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

Discus and support Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried everything but i cant do it, i updated my drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giorgi karmazanashvili, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

i tried everything but i cant do it, i updated my drivers

:)

Giorgi karmazanashvili, Dec 29, 2022

2. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.

The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0). I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the windows and my keyboard on laptop/spare keyboard.

There are no shortcuts and there is nothing I particularly press for this to happen. I play games, I draw and tend to press the numbers from time to time when need to. I do not want the volume to change at random, and it does it at random. When I press a number - say 4 - it does it from time to time and not constantly from each button press. It is working at random and is horrendously annoying.

Is there a setting I have to change?

OskarJohannesson, Dec 29, 2022
  3. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

There are many in that category. It’s just odd whatever it is that caused my computer to believe it needs to lower the volume from numbers being pressed.

However, it keeps on doing that. I don’t get what is wrong with it. It just continues and I must repeat increasing the volume.

This began after the windows update, over two days ago.

Edit; I realized that the volume will only lower/reduce by 2, for each and random number press. Also, the external keyboard to my laptop’s normal keyboard does this. The laptop won’t lower the volume (but the buttons on the laptop are starting to die).

OskarJ.Hannesson, Dec 29, 2022
  4. heio Win User

Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

VoiceMeeter: Volume button long presses not captured

I am using VoiceMeeter banana to output sounds on my PC to the speakers of a HDMI-connected monitor and a set of speakers connected to the soundcard via headphone jack simultaneously.

Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random cDTUk.png

As can be seen, A1 and A2 have been adjusted to different gain levels so they are equally loud.
    I selected VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO as output device in Windows. To my surprise, the volume cannot be controlled using Windows' own volume control.
    VoiceMeeter itself only offers to hook the buttons to A1 (would beat my purpose of controlling both volumes simultaneously) or Input1 (which I don't use).
    Hooking to A1 works perfectly, pressing or keeping the volume buttons adjusts A1 and Windows' own volume control remains untouched.

To control the master volume of my output, I created a set of macros (only Vol+ and Vol- are relevant here):

Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random Q4hMQ.png

Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random LX4HW.png

It works fine, as long as I only tap the buttons for a short time it adjusts the VAIO gain. However, if I keep the Vol+/Vol- button pressed, the Windows volume control recognizes it. As long as the volume is above 0, this is unpleasent, but without side effects. But when 0 is reached, Windows also mutes the device, resulting in no sound at all, while in VoiceMeeter, the VAIO output is still loud and unmuted.

Is there a way to disable Windows' hooks on the media buttons entirely or make VoiceMeeter intercept long presses as well, so Windows' volume control doesn't react to the buttons anymore?

I am using Windows 10 and a Logitech Keyboard. SetPoint is not installed.

Thema:

Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

1. Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random - Similar Threads - Whenever press volume

2. Volume down on my mouse presses c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume down on my mouse presses c: I have recently bought a new mouse, Logitech G502 Hero, and i bound a few of my essential macros and things to the mouse, and, whenever i press the key which i set volume down to, it presses c, in games this is really annoying, i don't know if this is a keyboard issue, a...
  3. Volume down on my mouse presses c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume down on my mouse presses c: I have recently bought a new mouse, Logitech G502 Hero, and i bound a few of my essential macros and things to the mouse, and, whenever i press the key which i set volume down to, it presses c, in games this is really annoying, i don't know if this is a keyboard issue, a...
  4. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?: When I press Volume Up it activates the C key and when I press the Volume Down button it activates B key... It's really annoying to play games with this sooo, could I get some answers on how to fix this?...
  5. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?: When I press Volume Up it activates the C key and when I press the Volume Down button it activates B key... It's really annoying to play games with this sooo, could I get some answers on how to fix this?...
  6. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random: i tried everything but i cant do it, i updated my drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-volume-up-it-presses-c-button-and/1dc10c78-63ca-457b-a7ae-564f48b9f4bc
  8. My Volume Down function accelerates as I press it

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Volume Down function accelerates as I press it: On two separate laptops running Windows 10, I have had an identical issue. It wasn't something that started after a while, 100% of the time on brand new laptops, this issue occurred and never stopped. When controlling the volume to turn it up using the keyboard volume...
  9. Whenever I press space bar my volume goes down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I press space bar my volume goes down: As the title says, pls send help. submitted by /u/TachankaTheLord1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k79yoy/whenever_i_press_space_bar_my_volume_goes_down/
  10. My volume lowers whenever I press space, and increases whenever I press numlock.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My volume lowers whenever I press space, and increases whenever I press numlock.: I have no clue why this is happening. I've had my keyboard for a few months and now, today, my volume will lower whenever I press space, and increase whenever I press numlock. In addition, my multimedia keys are messed up. Pressing the volume up button increases sound but...