Windows 10: Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer

Discus and support Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I occasionally press those keys together since I'm switching between different keyboard inputs frequently and it bothers me a lot. It applies to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yama_Tsukami, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer

I occasionally press those keys together since I'm switching between different keyboard inputs frequently and it bothers me a lot.

It applies to the windows search bar, cortana, explorer etc.

Browsers or applications are not affected and work fine.

Specifically, I cannot type anything other than (a select few) punctuation marks or special characters after it happens. Even numbers, spacebar and backspace don't work.

Solutions that I tried for most similar problems didn't help. (like ending certain tasks, restarting windows explorer, entering certain commands in PowerShell)

Whether I have clipboard history enabled or disabled doesn't seem to affect it, but it's the same shortcut that causes it and the only way I found to fix it is by restarting my PC.

Anyone know what it could be?

submitted by /u/Yama_Tsukami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yama_Tsukami, Jun 22, 2020

2. Random "v" character appearing on key press when typing

Hi everyone,

I have just updated to the Windows 10 April 2018 update, and now when typing, the "v" character now randomly appears (e.g. typing "t" will show up as "vt" but there is no consistency with how often this appears.

Ironically, when I try type "v" , it takes about 10 presses before it registers

Anyone know the issue? Nothing wrong with my keyboard I don't think as it was working perfectly fine before the update.

finchie123, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Can't type Chinese characters on certain situations

Hi Chin,

The language icon might have been moved beside your People icon due to enabled Use the desktop language bar
    when it's available option from Control Panel. For us to revert it to its original position, please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • On the left pane, click on Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching inputs methods, uncheck
      Use a desktop language bar when it's available option.
    • Click on Save button.

To address your concern with typing Chinese characters, kindly make sure that Chinese character is switched on:

• On the lower-right corner of your desktop, there is a Chinese/English (Shift) icon.
    • Make sure that Chinese is enabled.

Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer 76637739-eb62-4d7b-ad53-ab943bf3e661?upload=true.png
    Note: It will switch from Chinese to English or vise versa when pressing
    Shift key.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jun 22, 2020
  4. tracy2016 Win User

Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer

1. Whenever I press win key + v, I can only type certain characters until I reboot the computer - Similar Threads - Whenever press key

2. I can't press multiple keys, but only certain keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't press multiple keys, but only certain keys.: So I was playing some games I notice that I can't press Down arrow and Right arrow at the same time while pressing D, or I'm unable to press Up arrow and Right arrow if I'm pressing X, and other type of versions like unable to press Right while holding Z and tapping X.I have...
  3. I can't press multiple keys, but only certain keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't press multiple keys, but only certain keys.: So I was playing some games I notice that I can't press Down arrow and Right arrow at the same time while pressing D, or I'm unable to press Up arrow and Right arrow if I'm pressing X, and other type of versions like unable to press Right while holding Z and tapping X.I have...
  4. I can't press multiple keys, but only certain keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  6. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  7. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

8. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  9. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  10. Computer will type out characters for keys I am not pressing

Computer will type out characters for keys I am not pressing: I just got a new hard drive and installed Windows 10 Home on it. For the last 2 days after being on for awhile it started to type out a lot of 1s. I am almost positive this is from my number pad because when I turn num lock off it would jump to the end of the page. Yesterday...