Windows 10: Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

Discus and support Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bowyangbob, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open. I tried restarting everything to no avail. The longer I tried fixing this issue the more I realized that it's not just file explorer; It's my desktop, my command console, my files in file explorer, everything is seemingly impossible to open. I can't run apps as administrator, and I have followed a dozen guides trying to fix this. I'm not particularly tech savvy, but I've tried for hours now and I'm at a loss. Please, anybody, help!

:)

bowyangbob, Dec 1, 2022

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Black Screen Flashing

Hi MichaelCretz,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Do you get the black screen when restarting the computer or when using the computer?
    3. As you mentioned it occurs for 1-2 seconds, do you get the black pop up or the entire screen goes black?
    4. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    5. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application. As you have already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to follow the other steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen
    errors.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better understanding of the issue, please help us with the following information:

1. Was there any major change on your system, before which you did not face this issue?
    2. May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?
    3. May I know the Make and Model of the mouse?

Meanwhile, you can try to reset the drivers for the mouse. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the drivers:

1. Open Device manager
      (right click on start button).
    2. Then expand Mice and other Pointing devices.
    3. Right click on mouse drivers and then click on
      Uninstall.
    4. Restart the computer and the drivers will be re-installed.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

1. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black. - Similar Threads - Whenever right click

2. My screen flashes black when I try to right click on files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen flashes black when I try to right click on files in Windows 11: When right clicking on files on the desktop to access file options: the menu does not appear, the *thinking circle* spins over the mouse cursor, the screen flashes black and then reappears, the task bar is gone for a few seconds and then comes back. I also can't right click...
  3. My screen flashes black when I try to right click on files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen flashes black when I try to right click on files in Windows 11: When right clicking on files on the desktop to access file options: the menu does not appear, the *thinking circle* spins over the mouse cursor, the screen flashes black and then reappears, the task bar is gone for a few seconds and then comes back. I also can't right click...
  4. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click: When Right clicking on my desktop trying to open new folders, etc. my screen flashes black and said folder is not created. how do i fix this, please i need help...
  5. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click: When Right clicking on my desktop trying to open new folders, etc. my screen flashes black and said folder is not created. how do i fix this, please i need help...
  6. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

7. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.: This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open. I tried restarting everything to no avail. The longer I tried fixing this issue the more I realized that it's not just file...
  8. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.: This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open. I tried restarting everything to no avail. The longer I tried fixing this issue the more I realized that it's not just file...
  9. Whenever I right click on something I get these lines. I've never seen it before in my life!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I right click on something I get these lines. I've never seen it before in my life!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/favshamboi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jib7t8/whenever_i_right_click_on_something_i_get_these/
  10. Mouse is stuck on scrolling whenever I right click anywhere in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse is stuck on scrolling whenever I right click anywhere in my desktop: Title is really explains it. When I right click anywhere in my desktop, my mouse does the "loading" icon to show that something is loading. But it doesn't go away and stays like that. It's only when I right click in my desktop, nowhere else (to my knowledge). When it's...