Windows 10: Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls

Discus and support Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls and I don't know why. I've tried doing a windows update but I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Diceburna, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Diceburna Win User

Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls and I don't know why. I've tried doing a windows update but I keep getting this error code 0xc1900104. Any tips on why this is happening?

:)

Diceburna, Mar 19, 2021

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to drag and drop in file explorer

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Step 1: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

If the issue persist follow the step 2.

Steps 2: You may try to restart Windows Explorer and check if it helps.

• Right click on taskbar.

• Then select task manager.

• Find Windows Explorer process.

• Then Right click on
      Windows Explorer

• Select restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2021
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Whenever I right click on a file in file explorer my system stalls - Similar Threads - Whenever right click

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. File explorer crashes on right click on file

File explorer crashes on right click on file: It crashes immediately if the machine has been up for a while/other programs open. If freshly rebooted, right click goes into hourglass for many minutes, may never stop. Suggestions??...
  5. Whenever I right click on a program in file explorer it crashes

Whenever I right click on a program in file explorer it crashes: So if I go on File Explorer and I wanna right click on a program File Explorer just crashes, and it's pretty annoying here is a video: https://streamable.com/zq92ea I hate this because I can barely do anything. Please help....
  6. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  7. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  8. File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jorda_jorda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e92tl6/file_explorer_crashes_whenever_i_right_click_on_a/
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file: Hi all! I just upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago and so far I haven't had any troubles with it. However, to my surprise, I encountered a problem that is rather annoying to deal with. Just now I was about to check the file size of a certain document, but when I right clicked...