Windows 10: Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

Discus and support Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manu Sam, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Manu Sam Win User

Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What should I do to stop it from popping up repeatedly every time I start my laptop?

:)

Manu Sam, Aug 15, 2022

2. Unable to access the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on Windows 10

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you get the pop-up of Drop Box on your device?

I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking from Windows Recovery Environment, disable the startup service for Drop box and check if helps.

Step 1: Steps to boot the device in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to disable Drop Box.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Startup
      tab, search for Drop Box.
    • Right click on it and click on Disable.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2022
  3. MkeW Win User
    SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup?

Hi all! So, for the past few days when I start my laptop the file SS3svc32.exe keeps popping up and trying to make changes. It pops up twice (I click no both times) and then stays away until next startup. I looked at the file location
    and it's with a program 'Sonic Suite 3' which I don't remember downloading and when I went to Apps in Windows Settings neither are listed. Is there a way for me to remove it? Thanks!

PS. I have Windows 10

* Moved from Virus & Malware

4. Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

1. Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe - Similar Threads - Whenever start laptop

2. I got a BSOD error after following instructions to fix WindowsService. exe pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a BSOD error after following instructions to fix WindowsService. exe pop up: I got a BSOD error after following this instructions to fix WindowsService. exe pop upThe instructions are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-start-my-laptop-this-box-pops-up-is-it/b1c3872e-a324-4b35-9f64-d04fe24774ecI deleted the windows...
  3. Whenever I start my computer, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I start my computer, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus?...: This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What should I do to stop it from popping up repeatedly every time I start my Computer?...
  4. Whenever I start my computer, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I start my computer, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus?...: This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What should I do to stop it from popping up repeatedly every time I start my Computer?...
  5. Whenever I start my computer, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Whenever I start my PC. this box pops up and It does not go away, Is this a virus? and How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I start my PC. this box pops up and It does not go away, Is this a virus? and How...: Screenshot below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-start-my-pc-this-box-pops-up-and-it/f12ba048-cbc1-4d82-8a7c-2bff84b32932
  7. Whenever I start my PC. this box pops up and It does not go away, Is this a virus? and How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I start my PC. this box pops up and It does not go away, Is this a virus? and How...: Screenshot below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-start-my-pc-this-box-pops-up-and-it/f12ba048-cbc1-4d82-8a7c-2bff84b32932
  8. Whenever I start my PC. this box pops up and It does not go away, Is this a virus? and How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe: This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What should I do to stop it from popping up repeatedly every time I start my laptop?...
  10. Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I start my laptop, this box pops up. Is it a system error/ a virus? WindowsService.exe: This opens up automatically when I start my PC. Its name is WindowsService.exe. It never used to open before. Is this a virus? How to fix this? What should I do to stop it from popping up repeatedly every time I start my laptop?...