Windows 10: Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

Discus and support Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what to do because I don't use or have ever used Windows Powershell. The files that starts up is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niko Beliveau, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

I don't know what to do because I don't use or have ever used Windows Powershell.

The files that starts up is C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe .

:)

Niko Beliveau, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Apr 14, 2020
  3. KeithM Win User
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

1. Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up. - Similar Threads - Whenever start log

2. Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.: Please can one find the solution on this and if possible, please tell me also......."Notepad is popping up when I start my PC, and it creates and stores data in Notepad every time. I think in my PC notebook is creating these automatically due to any of the internal commands...
  3. Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.: Please can one find the solution on this and if possible, please tell me also......."Notepad is popping up when I start my PC, and it creates and stores data in Notepad every time. I think in my PC notebook is creating these automatically due to any of the internal commands...
  4. Windows Powershell keeps opening up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Powershell keeps opening up: Split from this thread.i was looking for chrome loader and i don't seem to find itcan i get help ?** moved from Windows - Windows 10 - Performance & System Failures **...
  5. Logging in/Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in/Start up: My laptop is stuck on the "sign in" state. It has an email that i do not use and i am not able to access anything on my laptop. Is there a reset or something that can be done to gain access?...
  6. PowerShell popping up when I start Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerShell popping up when I start Windows.: Hi! Every time I start up Windows, PowerShell will pop up. When I try to close it, it freezes for 5-10 seconds then closes. A few minutes later, my antivirus says, "powershell.exe has been moved to Virus Chest. Reason - Command line detection" then a few minutes later my...
  7. Whenever I boot up my windows PC this comes up as the sign in screen and I cannot log in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I boot up my windows PC this comes up as the sign in screen and I cannot log in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/2-before-1-for-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyj0h2/whenever_i_boot_up_my_windows_pc_this_comes_up_as/
  8. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup: Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup, but under the task menu start up tab it is disabled. Is there another way I can stop it from running automatically?...
  9. Will not open up to the log on window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not open up to the log on window: Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series. I think this is windows 10, with windows 7 in it. Hi since a windows update this week, it will not open up to my log on screen. It opens to a window/picture that I normally click on that then opens the log on window. But the log on does not...
  10. Windows Media Player keeps opening up whenever I start my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player keeps opening up whenever I start my laptop.: Windows Media Player keeps opening up whenever I start my laptop. It even opens whenever I try to open various files which are not even remotely connected with Media Player. I use an HP Notebook with Windows 10. How do I stop Media Player from opening when I haven't asked it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what dose it main when windows powershell pops up on its own

2. how to stop powershell popup

3. what is c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe

4. c:windows system32 windows powershell v1.0,
  5. window popup reads windows/system32/powershell/v1.0/power.exe,
  6. when I turn on my computer the windows powershell keeps coming onn