Windows 10: Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

Discus and support Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayvacs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13b80wp/whenever_i_transfer_files_between_volumes_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ayvacs, May 7, 2023.

1. /u/ayvacs Win User

Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

/u/ayvacs, May 7, 2023
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, May 7, 2023
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, May 7, 2023
  4. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

Network File Transfer vb.net

That can be done separately. Just put in a Timer that checks the filesize periodically and once it hasn't changed for so long, then invoke FTP or File.Copy.

It doesn't matter what solution you use, you really have to wait because it is good practice to start the file transfer with the file size. That way it will be abundantly obvious on the reciving end if the transfer is incomplete/failed.

FordGT90Concept, May 7, 2023
Thema:

Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

1. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then... - Similar Threads - Whenever transfer files

2. Files do not always transfer along with folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files do not always transfer along with folder.: What I really want to do is coppy files from my laptop to my phone but I cannot find my phone's storage as a destinationwhen I connect it to the laptop so i a using Google Drive. When i coppy the folders to drive, the files do not always coppy with the folders....
  3. Files do not always transfer along with folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files do not always transfer along with folder.: What I really want to do is coppy files from my laptop to my phone but I cannot find my phone's storage as a destinationwhen I connect it to the laptop so i a using Google Drive. When i coppy the folders to drive, the files do not always coppy with the folders....
  4. Windows 10 Transfer files between drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Transfer files between drives: I have 2 external drives attached to my Windows 10 computer. Drive A is 8TB, drive B is 4TB. Drive B is running low on space (Drive A has plenty) and I want to transfer/move files from a similar folder on B to A. There are a lot of Sub folders and files in both locations....
  5. transferring files between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  6. Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?: Hello, I have a W10 pc and also a desktop iMac. Sometimes I have to transfer files or docs from one to the other. Driving me crazy. Presently do it via a USB Memory stick. Any other more straightforward ways of doing it ? More than one possibility to consider ? Both...
  7. FAILED File transfer between PCs

FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  8. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. Recommend a fast file transfer app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommend a fast file transfer app?: Recommend a fast file transfer app? 111815