Windows 10: Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this...

Discus and support Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this "Documents is unavailable"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhulaVS, Dec 5, 2020.

1. AhulaVS Win User

Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this...

Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this "Documents is unavailable"

:)

AhulaVS, Dec 5, 2020
  2. 3billy3 Win User

Windows 10 says that documents folder is a .sys file

Thanks for the suggestion Ztrucker, there was an S attribute set and I have done as you suggested.

Now, in explorer the Documents folder shows as a "file"???

Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this... [​IMG]

3billy3, Dec 5, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this...

File Explorer crashes on Quick Access Recent files item

Hi Loreto,

Clearing recent files does indeed allow File Explorer to open but my client did as I suggested and left recent files turned off for a few days and then turned it back on. It worked for a while but then started crashing again.

Two users at the same site have now reported the same problem which suggests it's not an individual user doing something unusual. It is very possible that they are working on the same documents in the same project.

The kind of documents in there will be:

• Documents opened directly from SharePoint
    • Documents opened from File Explorer viewing a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from File Explorer using a mapped drive to a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from Office 365 OneDrive

It's definitely a bug! Some threads have suggested bizarrely that it's linked to screen scaling?? And they do have a monitor and laptop screen with different scaling.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this...

1. Whenever i try and open documents in file explorer It comes up with an error saying this... - Similar Threads - Whenever try open

2. Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved...: Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved or renamed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-try-to-open-a-document-in-explorer-an-error/13a1f57c-e542-45b9-83db-73dc5d8ab00b
  3. Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved...: Why I try to open a document in Explorer an error comes up saying it must have been moved or renamed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-try-to-open-a-document-in-explorer-an-error/13a1f57c-e542-45b9-83db-73dc5d8ab00b
  4. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  5. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  6. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...: My laptop is Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎04-‎2020 14:23 Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  7. trying to open files in documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to open files in documents: I get "Windows error reporting has stopped and werfault,exe application error - the memory could not be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-open-files-in-documents/607afed2-c985-4ea2-b533-8f70d36db46e
  8. Whenever I open my laptop it comes up with this. I open it and it just says Windows boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I open my laptop it comes up with this. I open it and it just says Windows boot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TG24129 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv7jhh/whenever_i_open_my_laptop_it_comes_up_with_this_i/
  9. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...
  10. whenever i try to use the refresh tool an error come up saying the requested requires elevation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    whenever i try to use the refresh tool an error come up saying the requested requires elevation: lately, I have been having trouble with my computer with is being it slow and randomly my program freezing I have tried to reset my computer but an error keep coming say we had trouble resting your computer no changer was made, so I look around online and i could not find...