Windows 10: Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

Discus and support Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Way back in time I logged into my PC using my windows password. I changed my pc login password, so now my windows and pc login passwords are different.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by problem-012, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

Way back in time I logged into my PC using my windows password. I changed my pc login password, so now my windows and pc login passwords are different. I now want to change my pc-login again, but whenever i go to "settings, accounts, login alternatives, password", and change my password, the only thing changed is my windows password, not my pc-login.

Really hope someone can help, if you can, you're the best :

:)

problem-012, Jul 19, 2020
  2. warc1 Win User

Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I change the PC passwords?

I tried doing it through Settings/Accounts/Manage My Microsoft Account/ on my desktop but that forced me to change my Hotmail password again. Now my desktop and Hotmail password are synced, but the laptop and Surface still use the old Hotmail password.

warc1, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Want to change the password for my PC login account.

Original Title: Password

The password to login to my PC is not the same as the one to my Microsoft account. I want to make my PC login the same but when I go to change the password it takes me to change the PW to my Microsoft account. How do I just change the password to login to
    my PC?

RamMaldonado, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

Changing password did not change Windows login password, only email password

I discovered my brother had found out my password for my Windows 10 PC. I went to change it in settings>Accounts>Sign in options>change password. doing this Changed my password for my Microsoft account, but did not change the Windows log in password, which
    is what I wanted to change.

my Microsoft account is tied to my Windows login account, I cannot find any other option to change the Windows login password, only the one I listed before.

Armouredfalcon, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

1. Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC... - Similar Threads - Whenever try change

2. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  3. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  4. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I changed my microsoft account password but still cant login to pc??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed my microsoft account password but still cant login to pc??: Hey, I changed my password for the microsoft account this pc is registered under bc i forgot my old one but the new password still wont work. How long beforw it takes effect? Thanks! submitted by /u/Lightwingames [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password: I've been using the same password for 5 years, it's just to login to my pc. I normally put it to sleep and wake it, and never have an issue with putting in the password. That changed sometime today. I tried to login, but the password I had been using for the past 5 years did...
  7. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues while logging in to PC after changing password: had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode. So i did flag r and msconfig. Set the bootup to custom and it came up asking for the password. 10 hours later i reset the...
  8. Change PC Startup login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4
  9. 'Microsoft' Changed PC Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Microsoft' Changed PC Password: My brother is a smart guy, but gullible to the point of idiocy. He got a phone call a couple weeks ago. Caller ID said it was Microsoft, and he answered it. I know... stupid thing 1. The guy on the other end of the line said that his computer was running slow and needed a...
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...