Windows 10: Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon...

Discus and support Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leo9991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imf19y/whenever_i_try_to_create_a_shortcut_from_epic/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leo9991, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon...

/u/Leo9991, Sep 4, 2020

2. Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work

1. Not that I recall, it's not a recent thing (years old problem, just got around to getting annoyed enough to ask haha).

2. Windows 10 Home, build 17763.503

3. It's specific to shortcuts that are created by game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc). They create some sort of .url for a shortcut.

I just tried to make a website shortcut on desktop and it was blank also. It didn't have a program association so I chose a browser, all the .url icons changed to that association icon, but this is what happened with that test shortcut afterwards: https://i.imgur.com/05gW7uO.jpg

Just created a new user account and it seems to work. But, I'd rather not setup all my things again and only want this user account, so I'd rather attempt on getting this fixed on this user.

Here's the screenshot you asked for: https://i.imgur.com/7yOPxnX.jpg

adamthemute, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Epic Games Launcher

I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions

*Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*

TopBeastMason, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon...

Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work

Hey, not 100% what catagory to put this in, but the shortcut icons from game launchers don't work and are blank for me. They all end in .url.

I've rebuilt my icon cache, and did troubleshooting steps with Steam (verifying game files, can't remember others), but it never seems to work. Ironically, only the Microsoft Store icons work, but they are a live tile or something, not quite the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

adamthemute, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon...

1. Whenever I try to create a shortcut from epic games launcher or steam I just get an icon... - Similar Threads - Whenever try create

2. Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epic Games Launcher: I just bought a new gaming PC and I am trying to download Epic Games. I have downloaded other things and everything has worked, but EPIC. I keep getting an error message that says "an installation is in progress, you must complete that before downloading" I HAVE NOTHING...
  3. When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...: When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon associated with the website - it just gives me the Win EDGE logo....
  4. When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...

When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...: When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon associated with the website - it just gives me the Win EDGE logo....
  5. epic games launcher

epic games launcher: im trying to uninstall epic games launcher but it keeps saying "epic games launcher is currently running and the setup wizard can not continue. please close the epic games launcher and run the setup wizard again" i dont have epic games open i deleted the app but cant get rid...
  6. Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher: I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions *Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*...
  7. Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work: Hey, not 100% what catagory to put this in, but the shortcut icons from game launchers don't work and are blank for me. They all end in .url. I've rebuilt my icon cache, and did troubleshooting steps with Steam (verifying game files, can't remember others), but it never...
  8. Epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic games launcher: [ATTACH] Any help would be nice, tried reinstalling and repairing epic games launcher but still nothing, have no idea how this happened and can't find any info on this error. I need my fortnite xD...
  9. When I try to install the epic games launcher I get a message from windows installer .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try to install the epic games launcher I get a message from windows installer .: "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package." I have verified that i have access to it through properties and its...
  10. Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epic Games Launcher: How do I completely remove Epic Games Launcher that my 16 year old put on my laptop in attempt to install fortnite? One "hot" momma! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/epic-games-launcher/04425c34-4a8f-4318-a882-d8e323a97463