Windows 10: Whenever i try to delete something from file explorer, it closes and doesn't delete anything.

Discus and support Whenever i try to delete something from file explorer, it closes and doesn't delete anything. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title basically says it all, whenever i want to delete something i right click on the item and click delete. But every time i right click on something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shemhste, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Shemhste Win User

Whenever i try to delete something from file explorer, it closes and doesn't delete anything.

Title basically says it all, whenever i want to delete something i right click on the item and click delete. But every time i right click on something it just loads for a few seconds and then closes. My downloads are starting to get very cluttered so i want to clean some stuff, but i it just won't let me delete anything.

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

Shemhste, Oct 13, 2019

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Oct 13, 2019
  3. How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

When I right click Suggested Sites in the Fav Bar, a "delete" window appears, but, clicking delete does not delete the Suggested Sites from the Favourite Bar.

If I open up Favourites, then the Favourites Bar, and right click the delete window for Suggested Sites-this doesn`t work either.

The Suggested Sites does nothing, (it certainly doesn`t show me a list of suggested sites), and takes up valuable space in my Fav Bar.which is why I want to rid myself of it.

barrierlee, Oct 13, 2019
  4. macbeth Win User

Whenever i try to delete something from file explorer, it closes and doesn't delete anything.

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Whenever i try to delete something from file explorer, it closes and doesn't delete anything. - Similar Threads - Whenever try delete

2. Trying to delete files. Went to File Explorer and tried to delete Word files. Nothing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete files. Went to File Explorer and tried to delete Word files. Nothing...: I am unable to delete files from my hard drive. I followed the instructions to open File Explorer and delete files, but it doesn't seem to be working....
  3. Trying to delete files. Went to File Explorer and tried to delete Word files. Nothing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete files. Went to File Explorer and tried to delete Word files. Nothing...: I am unable to delete files from my hard drive. I followed the instructions to open File Explorer and delete files, but it doesn't seem to be working....
  4. Trying to delete files. Went to File Explorer and tried to delete Word files. Nothing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  6. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  7. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.

File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.: After the commands are executed, the files remain selected and still listed. Deleted items should disappear from view, yes? Same for moved files, but suddenly that's stopped. I updated w10 and rebooted and it still happens. Also there is another persistent problem in that...
  9. When im trying to click the delete files it just closes and then i cant click anything i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When im trying to click the delete files it just closes and then i cant click anything i...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CALMCINT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcvk56/when_im_trying_to_click_the_delete_files_it_just/
  10. Deleting folders from File Explorer

Deleting folders from File Explorer: Hello, the option to delete folders in My Docs appears to have disappeared. Anybody have any clues? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-folders-from-file-explorer/5ad75c5e-3cc1-4ff1-bc35-0b608b4619e6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x80004002: no such interface supported when trying to delete file