Windows 10: Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an...

Discus and support Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ⬆️⬆️⬆️ submitted by /u/NelsonMandelaIsBlack [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NelsonMandelaIsBlack, May 30, 2020.

1. Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an...

/u/NelsonMandelaIsBlack, May 30, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 30, 2020
  3. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, May 30, 2020
  4. Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an...

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an...

1. Whenever I try to download a file online from chrome it just downloads itself as an... - Similar Threads - Whenever try download

2. I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another...: I am using Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another set of folders from the same website, I am receiving an error message that says Compress Files are Invalid. Why can't I get phone or chat support from...
  3. I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another...: I am using Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I just downloaded a group of folders from a website but when I tried to download another set of folders from the same website, I am receiving an error message that says Compress Files are Invalid. Why can't I get phone or chat support from...
  4. whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...: Microsoft strore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-download-apps-and-games-from/dd5a6c18-b59f-4a43-b677-6aaecf4ed277
  5. whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...: Microsoft strore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-download-apps-and-games-from/dd5a6c18-b59f-4a43-b677-6aaecf4ed277
  6. I try to download everything to my external hardrive but whenever I try to download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I try to download everything to my external hardrive but whenever I try to download...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/owojuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugrwie/i_try_to_download_everything_to_my_external/
  7. I'm struggling to download a .jar file, whenever I try to do so, it instantly downloads as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm struggling to download a .jar file, whenever I try to do so, it instantly downloads as...: I have Java installed on my computer, right now I have the 32-bit but I've tried with every option they currently have. I'm not very tech savvy but I've looked up videos and have gone through the control panel > programs > associate > .jar > set default but when I try to set...
  8. why cant I download from online?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why cant I download from online?: Im having trouble downloading from the internet after updating to windows 10 its keeps saying virus scan failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-from-online/1bb1d4a7-e609-46a2-9285-90e791c03dcd
  9. Code 0x80070424 whenever I try to download from the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code 0x80070424 whenever I try to download from the store: Hey, yeah so i get that code and, ‘something unexpected happened’ message. Ive tried to sign out and back in and check for updates etc. It still comes up....
  10. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...