Windows 10: Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile...

Discus and support Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aryatikku7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aryatikku7, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile...

/u/aryatikku7, Jun 25, 2020

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... [​IMG]

Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... [​IMG]

TechGuy737, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile...

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile...

1. Whenever I try to login to my pc it always shows this blocky person instead of my profile... - Similar Threads - Whenever try login

2. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.: Every time I restart or turn off my PC, some of my settings are always reset. So every time I have to go and turn them all back off and it's starting to annoy me. These settings are always reset when I do it:"Control your mouse with a keypad""Use Sticky Keys""Use toggle...
  3. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.: Every time I restart or turn off my PC, some of my settings are always reset. So every time I have to go and turn them all back off and it's starting to annoy me. These settings are always reset when I do it:"Control your mouse with a keypad""Use Sticky Keys""Use toggle...
  4. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. remote login to my personal PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote login to my personal PC: Starting a new remote job and the company sent me a link to allow them to remote onto my home PC. My home PC then pops up with the first login page for my PC and wants a password. I use a pin to login not a password and I've tried every password I know and it will not let me...
  6. remote login to my personal PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote login to my personal PC: Starting a new remote job and the company sent me a link to allow them to remote onto my home PC. My home PC then pops up with the first login page for my PC and wants a password. I use a pin to login not a password and I've tried every password I know and it will not let me...
  7. remote login to my personal PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. whenever I boot my PC, i get THIS error (instead of login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    whenever I boot my PC, i get THIS error (instead of login screen): Startup/Login issue: whenever I boot my PC, instead of showing the login screen, it shows THIS error: (image link: (zoom in if you can't see it): 100_0164.JPG - Google Drive ) This happened when I used msconfig.exe (system configuration) and autoruns (from Windows...
  9. Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...: Way back in time I logged into my PC using my windows password. I changed my pc login password, so now my windows and pc login passwords are different. I now want to change my pc-login again, but whenever i go to "settings, accounts, login alternatives, password", and change...
  10. Whenever I boot my laptop after login it show this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I boot my laptop after login it show this: Since last night this issue is occurring after sign in page it show black screen with cursor and cmd prompt but im able to access task manager using shortcut keys and run a new task explorer.exe then my desktop shows please help me[IMG]...