Windows 10: Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

Discus and support Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karthikeyandk, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

My laptop is Acer Aspire 3

Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778

Source

Windows Explorer

Summary

Stopped responding and was closed

Date

‎23-‎04-‎2020 14:23

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 10.0.18362.693

Application Timestamp: 587c1978

Hang Signature: a901

Hang Type: 134217792

Waiting on Application Name: dllhost.exe

Waiting on Application Version: 10.0.18362.1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.100

Locale ID: 16393

Additional Hang Signature 1: a901b247a827096f764f1edcac67bf2b

Additional Hang Signature 2: 58f4

Additional Hang Signature 3: 58f4da1fea70b147d9389b91fc00bfd3

Additional Hang Signature 4: a901

Additional Hang Signature 5: a901b247a827096f764f1edcac67bf2b

Additional Hang Signature 6: 58f4

Additional Hang Signature 7: 58f4da1fea70b147d9389b91fc00bfd3

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: bed47daa823743691262cabe732cc256 1324844159725257302

:)

Karthikeyandk, Apr 23, 2020
  2. mlg63 Win User

File Explorer Keeps Freezing with .docx FIles

As you have found out, Office 2000 is obsolete and does not work in windows 10. You have to upgrade to a later version of Office--2007 or later. It has nothing to do with system file checker. Office 2000 reads .doc files not docx. You will have to use the
    ms file converter to open docx files however only to read the files. Explorer can't find the Office version to open 2010 files. Try linking the file converter to docx files. Open the files by using left click and select Open With....file converter. You will
    have to browse to the converter program. Select always use file converter to open those files.

mlg63, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Noommii Win User
    File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to
    drag it into another folder.

I can open other files such as pictures and music with no problem. When I open the actual Word or Powerpoint programs and open the same file through there, it opens with no problem. File Explorer only crashes when I click on the Office document through my
    File Explorer. How can I fix this?

Noommii, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files

Here goes:

• I open Windows Explorer
    • The preview button is engaged
    • I preview all types of files no problem including Office 365 Excel, Adobe .pdf, Word 97-2003 .DOC, jpg, gif, tif, etc.
    • I try to preview Word .docx files and Windows Explorer freezes. Have to go into task manager and restart.
    I hope someone knows how to fix this. It's a very useful feature, but frustrating if you can't use it. Thanks!

timbovt365, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

1. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding... - Similar Threads - Whenever try open

2. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  3. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  4. Opening Office files crashes Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Opening Office files crashes Explorer: Office 2013 Pro Plus. when trying to open doc or excel files maybe other files as well, Clicking on the .doc file goes unresponsive and after awhile closes but crashes explorer ie my desktop refreshes. I can open the same files using the Word or Excel, so the issue seems to...
  5. File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding: It's been 2 days since my File Explorer started to create problems. Sometimes whenever I try to rename or delete a file, File Explorer stops responding and crashes. If I try to move that file then it would be stuck at calculating but copying it works fine. Please provide me...
  6. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  7. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  8. File Explorer crashes after opening any file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer crashes after opening any file.: Basically the title. If I open my file explorer, then a document then click back to file explorer, it locks up, my cursor spins. The explorer closes out then opens again in about 5 seconds. It's a huge pain when I need to open say five documents in quick succession. I've...
  9. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...
  10. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...