Windows 10: Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

Discus and support Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoshuaBell99, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes related to searching an indexing including running the troubleshooter, restarting it in Services and reinstallaing the packages in the command shell none of this seems to of worked. Does anyone have any advice?

:)

JoshuaBell99, Dec 3, 2022

2. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How... [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How... [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Ghot Win User
    Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Ghot, Dec 3, 2022
  4. EziaN Win User

Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

Start menu search not finding applications?

I do.

As you can see Outlook 2013 does not show up under "O" in all apps.

EziaN, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

1. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How... - Similar Threads - Whenever try search

2. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...: Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes related to searching an indexing including running the troubleshooter, restarting it in Services and reinstallaing the...
  3. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...: Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes related to searching an indexing including running the troubleshooter, restarting it in Services and reinstallaing the...
  4. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?: Just a few hours ago I've reset my pc which I do quite often however after having done it I've come across something that never happened to me before... after start up I noticed that the start menu, the settings and the search bar weren't working at all. Everything else works...
  5. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?: Just a few hours ago I've reset my pc which I do quite often however after having done it I've come across something that never happened to me before... after start up I noticed that the start menu, the settings and the search bar weren't working at all. Everything else works...
  6. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Cortana
    Start menu not showing applications after searching: Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not...
  8. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Cortana
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  9. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list: I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so far as having only two icons/shortcuts left on the start menu, but I cannot figure out how to remove those last two. This is...
  10. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...