Windows 10: Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

Discus and support Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ItzMex, Jan 19, 2023.

1. ItzMex Win User

Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on no matter how I power down. Why and how could this be happening?

:)

ItzMex, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 19, 2023
  3. infrared Win User
    Computer Turning On & Off

I'd definitely give a different keyboard & mouse a try as airman suggested. They definitely sound a bit suspect.

infrared, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

Computer turns on automatically

Hi Lindsay,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer automatically turns on. To resolve this, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps on this

thread
    that was provided by Sirius_21 and Nyima Yonten. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

1. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my... - Similar Threads - Whenever turn computer

2. My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.: So my computer, in which I have recently changed the mouse, seems to turn itself back on after I turn it off. I have a decently powerful PC, and I don't exactly know what could be causing it. The other guides I have checked were about the computer turning itself on at regular...
  3. My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.: So my computer, in which I have recently changed the mouse, seems to turn itself back on after I turn it off. I have a decently powerful PC, and I don't exactly know what could be causing it. The other guides I have checked were about the computer turning itself on at regular...
  4. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  5. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  6. Whenever I press the left alt button it turns off my sound or turns it back on..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I press the left alt button it turns off my sound or turns it back on..: Whenever I press the left alt button it turns off my sound or turns it back on.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-the-left-alt-button-it-turns-off/166cbc64-914d-4253-9258-a4e4e9e3fd06
  7. So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fuchoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wghs7b/so_my_computer_turned_off_on_its_own_for_some/
  8. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  9. Keyboard and mouse won't reconnect to my computer after being turned off and turned back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse won't reconnect to my computer after being turned off and turned back on.: I have a sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse I set them up yesterday and they were working fine. I shut them off last night and turned them back on this morning they will not communicate with my laptop? How do I get them to reconnect to my laptop?...
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...