Windows 10: Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens?

Discus and support Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried to search for information, but whenever I type the subject into the search area nothing happens. So, what's wrong with my PC, & how do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PattyDV, Feb 5, 2020.

1. PattyDV Win User

Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens?

I've tried to search for information, but whenever I type the subject into the search area nothing happens. So, what's wrong with my PC, & how do I fix it?

:)

PattyDV, Feb 5, 2020

2. typing into my search box in windows edge

Hi,

To better isolate the issue you're experiencing, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you type into Cortana and Microsoft Edge search box? Is there any error message?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We'll look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 5, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens?

Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens?

1. Whenever I type a subject into the search box, nothing happens? - Similar Threads - Whenever type subject

2. whenever I use windows search and I type something it has a grey box that covers half the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    whenever I use windows search and I type something it has a grey box that covers half the...: Whenever I open the type here to search box and type something there is a gray box that covers the window. For some reason it doesn't let me upload the image on here and tells me something went wrong so here is a google drive link to the picture with preview available gray...
  3. whenever I use windows search and I type something it has a grey box that covers half the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I use windows search and I type something it has a grey box that covers half the...: Whenever I open the type here to search box and type something there is a gray box that covers the window. For some reason it doesn't let me upload the image on here and tells me something went wrong so here is a google drive link to the picture with preview available gray...
  4. whenever I use windows search and I type something it has a grey box that covers half the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot type in search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot type in search box: I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-in-search-box/1673b82a-068c-4047-b342-bc5a6e28198d
  6. Nothing is shown when i type in the search box

in Cortana
    Nothing is shown when i type in the search box: When I try to type something in the search box nothing is seen it is like the screen froze or something. actually I was changing some setting for a game and then suddenly when u search something the word doesn't show up on the search box please tell me how to fix the box...
  7. i type on computer but nothing happens keyboard is fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i type on computer but nothing happens keyboard is fine: i can type on the search window in the start section. but then i can not type anywhere else, like my calendar, email, and other programs. my keyboard works fine, like now, but if i were to go and try to type on the above programs, etc nothing happens....
  8. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...
  9. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...
  10. Unable to type in Search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Search box: Hi all, I have an office and 3 of my machines are unable to type in the search box, I've come to the conclusion that it is Cortana as on all 3 machines there is no Cortana to be seen. But other machines in the office have Cortana and are able to search I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. typeinsearchboxandnothingfound