Windows 10: Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop and whenever I click any key it makes like this robotic clicking sound. I also can't press the same key after I already pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaGoldenGam3r, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?

I have a dell laptop and whenever I click any key it makes like this robotic clicking sound. I also can't press the same key after I already pressed for 1 second. I don't know if this is related it started when the clicking noise happened but whenever I type something and press backspace it only deletes on letter and I have to wait for 1 second, the way I dont need to wait is by clicking the backspace key with any of the F keys or the delete key. Please help me because it is super annoying.

:)

DaGoldenGam3r, Apr 2, 2020

2. laptop freezes and makes buzzing noises

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

a. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
    Hardware and Devices.

c. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

What is the make and model of your modem?

Method 1:

Run network troubleshooter.
    • Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under Network and Internet.
    • Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform method 2.

Method 2: Update Network adaptor.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to Network adaptor.
    • Right click and click on Update drive software.
    You may also download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 3, 2020
  3. noise when typing and clicking mouse

Hi Gary,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the “Settings screen”.

• Click on “Ease of Access”, then click on “Keyboard”.

• Move the slider to off for “Beep when keys are pressed”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?

Pc making weird noises and videos are laggy

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is they issue specific to playing videos only?
    • Which type of file are you trying to play?
    • In which player are you facing this issue?
    • Did you try the same in a different player?
    I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

Step 1: Press Windows Key +
    R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

Step 2: Type devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

Step 3: Look for display driver, right-click and then click
    Update.

Step 4: When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
    OK.

Step 5: Restart your computer.

If you are using Windows Media player,
    I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Windows Media Player Settings.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?

1. Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Whenever type makes

2. how do I fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I fix the noise on my laptop?: I have 2 problems. The first is when I click the mute button and when I click the button again to unmute it, the sound doesn't come back. The second problem is that when I'm listening to music after a while it starts to sound like a radio, and restarting it solves it but the...
  3. how do I fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix the noise on my laptop?: I have 2 problems. The first is when I click the mute button and when I click the button again to unmute it, the sound doesn't come back. The second problem is that when I'm listening to music after a while it starts to sound like a radio, and restarting it solves it but the...
  4. how do I fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i fix the noise on my laptop?: I have 2 problems. The first is when I click the mute button and when I click the button again to unmute it, the sound doesn't come back. The second problem is that when I'm listening to music after a while it starts to sound like a radio, and restarting it solves it but the...
  6. how do i fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix the noise on my laptop?: I have 2 problems. The first is when I click the mute button and when I click the button again to unmute it, the sound doesn't come back. The second problem is that when I'm listening to music after a while it starts to sound like a radio, and restarting it solves it but the...
  7. how do i fix the noise on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keyboard making clicking noise and not typing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard making clicking noise and not typing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]There could be times when your keyboard might be making a clicking noise but not typing in Windows 11 or Windows 10. If that is happening with your right now, you could follow this article to get rid of the issue. It is pretty common when you use the Accessibility...
  9. Makes Windows Noise When I Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Makes Windows Noise When I Click: On my school computer we use adobe connect for classes and when i get in i will try to click something and it will make the windows noise and the only thing i can do is restart my computer to exit...
  10. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?: Hello, I have a Microsoft K350 wireless keyboard. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-keys-not-make-the-typing-sound-as/16e1fa83-9515-4797-9ab4-8c902a28c133