Windows 10: Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

Discus and support Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago my computer started to shut down whenever i pull out the charger so i have to charge it at all times but its going to over charge,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kastara Zeroun, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

A couple weeks ago my computer started to shut down whenever i pull out the charger so i have to charge it at all times but its going to over charge, what should i do

:)

Kastara Zeroun, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Xorgetra Win User

Problems with HP Laptop

Yes it does , the problem is when i unplug the charger the laptop shuts down instantly *Frown Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down :(

Xorgetra, Oct 25, 2020
  3. My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450

Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA
    BIOS VER F.45
    BIOS VENDOR Insyde

Charger works fine.
    Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in.

Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until I plug it out.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in it does not charge.

What can be the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

When closing and opening the lid laptop is detecting the charger properly but upon re plugging it's not working again.
    The issue is that the laptop doesn't detect it's being charged while being turned on.

bobfrominternet, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

1. Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down - Similar Threads - Whenever unplug laptop's

2. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  3. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  4. My Laptop is Shutting Down Immediately after Unplugging the Charger- kindly Check my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is Shutting Down Immediately after Unplugging the Charger- kindly Check my...: Kindly Check the Battery Report in the below drive link:-https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EGgC4qn0wUKsLAcI4TVARtm8HZYdOpMR/view?usp=sharingI am thinking to try some tests like EC reset test but wanted to know the status of battery after this test.Thank you for reading and...
  5. My Laptop is Shutting Down Immediately after Unplugging the Charger- kindly Check my...

My Laptop is Shutting Down Immediately after Unplugging the Charger- kindly Check my...: Kindly Check the Battery Report in the below drive link:-https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EGgC4qn0wUKsLAcI4TVARtm8HZYdOpMR/view?usp=sharingI am thinking to try some tests like EC reset test but wanted to know the status of battery after this test.Thank you for reading and...
  6. My Laptop is Shutting Down Immediately after Unplugging the Charger- kindly Check my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger: I am using an Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA. Currently running Windows 11 version: 21H2.After a Cumulative update KB5014019 something weird started happening.Whenever I unplug my Laptop from the charger 2 seconds pass and I get a BSOD error: Critical process died and the system...
  8. BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger

BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger: I am using an Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA. Currently running Windows 11 version: 21H2.After a Cumulative update KB5014019 something weird started happening.Whenever I unplug my Laptop from the charger 2 seconds pass and I get a BSOD error: Critical process died and the system...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.: Hi, My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10 1909. I unplugged the charger and my laptop just went black. I plugged it back in and everything is back to normal. What could be the issue? Could it be my battery? Thanks!...
  10. every time i unplug my charger my laptop shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    every time i unplug my charger my laptop shuts down: hi just wondering if anybody can advice ,every time i unplug my charger my laptop shuts down. can this be fixed ,its a internal battery so cant just take it out. thanks in advance....