Windows 10: whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...

Discus and support whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Following sequence occurs when machine sleeps: Put computer to sleep by timing out or by touching power button, or selecting sleep from start menu. –... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chemixt1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Chemixt1 Win User

whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...

Following sequence occurs when machine sleeps:

Put computer to sleep by timing out or by touching power button, or selecting sleep from start menu. – System goes to sleep quickly.

Touch mouse: system starts to wakes up.

Windows home image Screen appears quickly, and just freezes for about 10 seconds (not responding to any key press etc) after 10 seconds the screen disappears and the system tries to go into a reboot process. After about 20 seconds a black screen appears, and shows error message “reboot and select proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press a key”

If I touch a key the message simply repeats. If I push ctrl-alt-delete the system will reboot. But after reboot attempt it returns to the same black screen and the same message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

The only way I can get the computer to restart is if I do a cold boot. (power off, or press and hold start button), If I press and hold the start button and reboot the system starts to respond with a normal cold boot response. Once the system finishes from the cold boot I can operate it normally again.

Product Model & S/N:

Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming, SN = J8MCFM048784

BIOS/FW Version

CPU:

Intel I7 8700K 3,7 ghz

Memory:

16 gb Ballistix sport (2X8)

HDD:

Inland professional Solid State Drive 1 TB 2.5” SATA

VGA:

Geforce GTX-180 TI FE

Power Supply:

500 Watt

Network/Lan:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V

Other Hardware:

Tried to use with Intel Optane 120gb, but problem persists even without Optain

OS Version:

Windows 1064 bit

Related Driver(s):

:)

Chemixt1, Jan 5, 2019

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes whenever my computer goes to sleep  and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot... :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown whenever my computer goes to sleep  and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot... :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jan 5, 2019
  3. KevinEA Win User
    Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Jan 5, 2019
  4. whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...

Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

I am having this exact same issue. Have you made any progress.?

SteveP2015, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...

1. whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot... - Similar Threads - whenever computer goes

2. Windows 10 Hard Crashing Whenever It Goes To Sleep Or Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Crashing Whenever It Goes To Sleep Or Hibernation: For the past few weeks, my ASUS Zenbook has been shutting down unexpectedly when it's not in use whether I leave it on, close it, or manually set it to sleep or hibernate. I checked out the system log in Event Viewer and the most recent hard crash had this error log:The...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Crashing Whenever It Goes To Sleep Or Hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hard Crashing Whenever It Goes To Sleep Or Hibernation: For the past few weeks, my ASUS Zenbook has been shutting down unexpectedly when it's not in use whether I leave it on, close it, or manually set it to sleep or hibernate. I checked out the system log in Event Viewer and the most recent hard crash had this error log:The...
  4. Computer goes into sleep mode, but on wakeup it shows that it crashed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes into sleep mode, but on wakeup it shows that it crashed.: This PC is about a week old. I notied once when I woke it up from sleep and opening chrome, it asked me if I wanted to restore my tabs from an unexepcted shutdown. Weird. Then about a day later, I noticed this again. It's creating dump files for this every time, but I'm not...
  5. My computer keeps on crashing when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps on crashing when it goes to sleep: Hello Everybody, Lately I have been having this issue where my computer decides to crash when it is supposed to go to sleep. I have had different iterations where my computer wakes itself from sleep and it keep the lights and fans on, but my peripherals do not work and...
  6. Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep

Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep: Hi! I have a Lenovo 330S 15ARR since last October, Windows 10 v1909. Sleeping and waking from sleep was working fine. Since a couple of months, I have the following problem. I noticed that when I try to wake the pc from sleep, it acts like I rebooted. I did some testings...
  7. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.: I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange three times and white six times. I have to hold the power button for it to go off. When I hit the power button again it shows...
  8. Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle: Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes. 34973
  9. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...