Windows 10: Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Discus and support Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Once I have setup a new "administrative user" in "Settings" where does the folder of the same name within the "user" folder in windows 10 on my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Hoagland, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Once I have setup a new "administrative user" in "Settings" where does the folder of the same name within the "user" folder in windows 10 on my hard drive come from? Is that supposed to be automatic or what? Do I just go in to "File Explorer" and create it? I am a Windows Insider and have the very latest updates but nothing is happening, even when I restart Windows. Help!

:)

George Hoagland, Jul 8, 2019

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 8, 2019
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Yes indeed, there are pre-existing folders in your Linux Mint home directory which have the same name as the one in Windows (ie movies, pictures, documents)

In this case, you can choose a new name for the destination folder and still link to the correct windows folder :

sudo ln -s /media/user/0684AFD784AFC78F/Users/Stuff/your_shared_folder/ /home/user/Documents/name_of_the_shortcut

something like this should work:

sudo ln -s /media/user/0684AFD784AFC78F/Users/Stuff/your_shared_folder/ /home/user/Documents/w10_shared

Again, customize the name of the destination folder to suit your needs.

blobster21, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

1. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come... - Similar Threads - Wher does user

2. User folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder name: I set up my new pc and it's showing as C:\Users\User. I've noticed from reading and watching online people they have their name or a user account name ie C:Users\Tim. I'm the only person using my pc, should I set myself up as a new User, or should I just change the folder...
  3. User Name and Folder Does Not Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Does Not Change: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  4. User Name and Folder Does Not Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name and Folder Does Not Change: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. Users folder name does name match user name

Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  7. Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!: I just installed Windows 11 on a fresh install after installing various apps I noticed that my User folder name has decided to chose part of my real name which I never use!.I chose Daz as a login name but Windows thought it would name my folder darre which is obviously not my...
  8. Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!

Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!: I just installed Windows 11 on a fresh install after installing various apps I noticed that my User folder name has decided to chose part of my real name which I never use!.I chose Daz as a login name but Windows thought it would name my folder darre which is obviously not my...
  9. Folder name in user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder name in user: How to change the folder name in user in dock C Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name-in-user/ff87001d-58f4-4398-8af8-d9ed39632bd0
  10. User Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Name: So earlier I accidentally merged my music folder with my user folder, so in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I saw C:\Users\Music. I did fix this problem but my user folder name is still music instead of my name. I also can't rename the folder back to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is my user named folder