Windows 10: Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Discus and support Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Once I have setup a new "administrative user" in "Settings" where does the folder of the same name within the "user" folder in windows 10 on my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Hoagland, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Once I have setup a new "administrative user" in "Settings" where does the folder of the same name within the "user" folder in windows 10 on my hard drive come from? Is that supposed to be automatic or what? Do I just go in to "File Explorer" and create it? I am a Windows Insider and have the very latest updates but nothing is happening, even when I restart Windows. Help!

:)

George Hoagland, Jul 8, 2019

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 8, 2019
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Yes indeed, there are pre-existing folders in your Linux Mint home directory which have the same name as the one in Windows (ie movies, pictures, documents)

In this case, you can choose a new name for the destination folder and still link to the correct windows folder :

sudo ln -s /media/user/0684AFD784AFC78F/Users/Stuff/your_shared_folder/ /home/user/Documents/name_of_the_shortcut

something like this should work:

sudo ln -s /media/user/0684AFD784AFC78F/Users/Stuff/your_shared_folder/ /home/user/Documents/w10_shared

Again, customize the name of the destination folder to suit your needs.

blobster21, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come...

1. Wher does the "user name" folder within the User folder in Windows 10 on my hard drive come... - Similar Threads - Wher does user

2. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  3. User Profile Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Folder Name: This just something I'm starting up in hopes that enough people will complain about it that Microsoft will change the programming to make it easier to get your User folder renamed. Because going through the hassle of creating a new user, backing up all your files in your...
  4. Change the users name in folder

Change the users name in folder: I want remove the space in folder's name: C:\Users\Arbnor Gashi\Desktop\Master_Thesis\Write\Thesis. The space between name and last name should be removed because it doesn't work for a statistical program. I changed my account name but this name doesn't change in...
  5. The name of my User folder is misspelled.

The name of my User folder is misspelled.: I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and the computer repair guy misspelled my name on the User drive. It's not detrimental to anything, but it's really annoying. How do I change this? Or, how do I make a new account, and will I need to put all of my files and...
  6. User folder name.

User folder name.: The folder name under 'C' users has missing characters. It isn't spelt that way anywhere else, be it in the MS account or the local one. Can I edit the name without wrecking my PC apart?! Also, it happens to be the only account on the PC. I don't understand the complexity MS...
  7. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  8. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  9. Changing my USERS folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my USERS folder name: Windows 10 currently on the Fall Creators update. When I got my new notebook, I was having a problem with the Windows Store. A Microsoft tech determined that my user profile was messed up, added a new account, and deleted the problematic one. all was good. The problem...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is my user named folder