Windows 10: Where and How can I view thumbnails stored in Windows 10

Discus and support Where and How can I view thumbnails stored in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where and How can I view thumbnails stored in Windows 10 Is there a temp file where various thumbnails are stored in Window 10? If so, what file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregFlynn, Nov 24, 2020.

1. GregFlynn Win User

Where and How can I view thumbnails stored in Windows 10

Is there a temp file where various thumbnails are stored in Window 10?

If so, what file, and what is the path?

:)

GregFlynn, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Where and How can I view thumbnails stored in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where view thumbnails

2. Where can I view my windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I view my windows 10 password?: I need this so I can revert 'go back' to windows 10 from windows 11. I have tried under windows credentials, it is not stored there. I would like to view it rather than change it if possible....
  3. Where can I view my windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I view my windows 10 password?: I need this so I can revert 'go back' to windows 10 from windows 11. I have tried under windows credentials, it is not stored there. I would like to view it rather than change it if possible....
  4. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to view stored passwords in Win 10: I've misplaced my password for my email account. I once saw a screen showing stored passwords in my Win 10 system. How to I locate that information now that I need it. PS. I'd rather not need to renew my password in 4 individual PCs that share my bellsouth.net mail account....
  5. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where to view stored passwords in Win 10: I've misplaced my password for my email account. I once saw a screen showing stored passwords in my Win 10 system. How to I locate that information now that I need it. PS. I'd rather not need to renew my password in 4 individual PCs that share my bellsouth.net mail account....
  6. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Thumbnail View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail View: What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?...
  8. Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?: Hello, I would very much like to see my files in Winwows Explorer in a thumbnail view instead of the PDF/Word symbol. This works for images and Open Document documents and is displayed to me, but not for Word and PDF files. In Word I have set that the thumbnails are...
  9. view thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    view thumbnails: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  10. How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives: Hello, In windows 8 when I opened lets say documents or pictures and I had pictures in there it showed the picture instead of a image like the attached one. How do I get back to being able to see the image? Its driving me insane I cant find the setting... Thanks! [img]...