Windows 10: Where are advanced security options stored in registry?

Discus and support Where are advanced security options stored in registry? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! I am looking to find how to edit advanced security settings from registry: [ATTACH] I cant find their location. I want to check/uncheck from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MakeW10Great, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Where are advanced security options stored in registry?

Hi!

I am looking to find how to edit advanced security settings from registry:

Where are advanced security options stored in registry? f0d29f1a-eff3-4f41-9487-136d2f9cad78.png

I cant find their location. I want to check/uncheck from regedit.

:)

MakeW10Great, Mar 26, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 26, 2020
  3. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 26, 2020
  4. biggieRSA Win User

Where are advanced security options stored in registry?

No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Sorry I know this is old but I have a similar problem there is only the shut off your PC option , when I try to access advanced option, whether through windows even holding down the shift key,

biggieRSA, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Where are advanced security options stored in registry?

1. Where are advanced security options stored in registry? - Similar Threads - Where are advanced

2. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  3. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  4. Where all other option in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where all other option in advanced startup: I need command prompt where all other option there only startup settings I need help it serious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-all-other-option-in-advanced-startup/48d5fae6-d749-41fb-9d7b-8de5daec45da
  5. Where all other option in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where all other option in advanced startup: I need command prompt where all other option there only startup settings I need help it serious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-all-other-option-in-advanced-startup/48d5fae6-d749-41fb-9d7b-8de5daec45da
  6. Trackball based Advanced Security Option?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trackball based Advanced Security Option?: Hello wouldn't it be cool if you could take any track ball use it to secure files, programs, options, and logins? It would work much like a dial on a safe. You click the secured file and have to turn to 2-90-40-0 and click and your file unlocks. It would make Windows more...
  7. how to on registry settings for windows update advance options

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to on registry settings for windows update advance options: Hello Guys and Gals. I need to change computers advance update settings. and it seems I can do this via registry because I am not allowed to touch domain group policy. so, I am using a 3rd party purchased software to deploy a script to computers . In my script I can use...
  8. Where are the Advanced Options for changing Font on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the Advanced Options for changing Font on Desktop Icons: running Windows 10 v 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) The names for the Desktop Icons appear in a bold font and shaded. Cannot locate the option to change this. Thanks in advance 153081
  9. Registry Keys for Advanced Windows Update options?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registry Keys for Advanced Windows Update options?: I work at a PC repair shop and am constantly re-installing Windows on new machines. I am using Windows 10 build 1909 (64-bit). One thing we always like to do is to go into the Windows Update advanced options and turn on all four options... the RECEIVE UPDATES FOR OTHER...
  10. where does w10 store partitons in the registry ?

in Windows 10 Support
    where does w10 store partitons in the registry ?: hi does somebody where does windows 10 store partitions ? in windows 7 and windows 8 , ->regedit -> Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices[/quote] in windows 10 i have only Code: \??\Volume[/quote] related to the burners blu ray nothing else and \DosDevices\C:...