Windows 10: Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

Discus and support Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found this YouTube posting helpful to correct this issue. good luck! Windows 10 Tip Add Frequent Folders Recent Folders Back to Quick Links -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tallonius, Aug 5, 2015.

1. HerbyN Win User

Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

I found this YouTube posting helpful to correct this issue. good luck!

Windows 10 Tip Add Frequent Folders Recent Folders Back to Quick Links - YouTube

HerbyN, Sep 11, 2015
  2. ksdixon Win User

Have a windows 8 pc. Sign into it with an ms account. Change the number of jump list items in the taskbar settings. Sync these account settings to your Windows 10 machine.

ksdixon, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Orerockon Win User
    Looks like I have a deeper problem than this. I have no folders or other items in Quick Access. None of the fixes in another thread work (they appear to be applied; I don't get any error notices). File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes.. - Windows 10 Forums Whenever I try to add recent folders I either get (folder) already exists, the request is not supported, or a (blank) already exists error message. I can't drag & drop any folders to Quick Access (which I have been doing since Vista). I tried the YouTube suggestion (users, username, links, drag to Quick Access) and nothing works. So now I have nothing in Quick Access except for Recent Files.

Orerockon, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

Not sure if you've solved this problem yet, but I had it too until I came across https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html which did the trick! I used Option2 and it works perfectly.

davedreamer, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Orerockon Win User
    Brilliant! I like the idea that it isn't in the Quick Access, but one silly question, can you move it to the top of the list where Quick Access is? That's what I liked about Win 7, recent and favorites were right at the top when I opened explorer. Why oh why did they feel the need to screw up something so intuitive and time saving?

Orerockon, Sep 17, 2015
  6. KeithM Win User
    KeithM, Jan 1, 2016
  7. XweAponX Win User
    If you use Start 10 or Classic Shell, you can create a Windows 7 style Start Menu and then tell those items to show there. It's what I did. I programmed a few keys to pop up the Win 10 Start Menu too, so I have both, I like Start10 more than Classic Shell.

XweAponX, Jan 1, 2016
  8. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

Just solved this problem of the automatic unchecking of the show files option, which these other links did not fix by themselves.

You need to have the SETTINGS->PERSONALIZATION->Start->"Show Recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar set to ON!

Then the #12 regfile changes work (or just changed manually)

Hope this helps!

G._

GreggShort, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

1. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Where are 'Favorites'

2. File explorer showing unwanted things in recent and favorites section need to be fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer showing unwanted things in recent and favorites section need to be fixed: File explore is not showing my recent activated showing only from the one drive need to be fixed.and the favorites section is showing irrelevant files...
  3. File explorer showing unwanted things in recent and favorites section need to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer showing unwanted things in recent and favorites section need to be fixed: File explore is not showing my recent activated showing only from the one drive need to be fixed.and the favorites section is showing irrelevant files...
  4. Why is Favorites and Recent missing from File Explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Favorites and Recent missing from File Explorer in Windows 11?: Even though I have added files to Favorites in the File Explorer, the File Explorer just does not show Favorites.There used to have Recent files in Windows 10, but now I don't see any Recent files being listed with the new Windows 11.Did the Restore Defaults in the File...
  5. Why is Favorites and Recent missing from File Explorer in Windows 11?

Why is Favorites and Recent missing from File Explorer in Windows 11?: Even though I have added files to Favorites in the File Explorer, the File Explorer just does not show Favorites.There used to have Recent files in Windows 10, but now I don't see any Recent files being listed with the new Windows 11.Did the Restore Defaults in the File...
  6. where is my favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is my favorites: where did my favorites go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/where-is-my-favorites/e55dbf5b-6bf3-4d92-9154-c035c88cf73a
  7. where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?: still using internet explorer at times, but my favorites are old, and I want to delete them all, and import my current ones from Cyberfox, but cant find any info on where these are kept now.. thanks! 24674
  8. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.: Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location. I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums...
  9. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  10. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add recent places to favorites in explorer 2010