Windows 10: Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?

Discus and support Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where is the folder on my hard drive that contains the emails for the mail app in windows 10? I have seen answers to others with this same question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ntw7, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ntw7 Win User

Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?

Where is the folder on my hard drive that contains the emails for the mail app in windows 10?

I have seen answers to others with this same question that indicate that the files are located in

C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\packages\microsoft.Windowscommunicationsapps\Localstate\Indexed\Livecomm

When I try to navigate to this folder I can only get as far as

C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\packages\microsoft.Windowscommunicationsapps\Localstate

The Indexed folder does not exist. Is this the correct location?

I have turned on shows hidden folder.

:)

2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 19, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored? - Similar Threads - Where are files

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!)

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!): Hi Everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Home - v1803) and the Mail 10 app for my emails. I want to migrate from 'Mail 10' to Outlook 2016. I don't know where Mail 10 stores emails (I don't even know what file format 'Mail 10' stores emails in!). I have searched my hard drive...
  4. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?: I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I...
  5. Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email and can they be store to ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email and can they be store to ?: Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email? I want to store all Win 10 mail app data to d: 115147
  6. Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email and can they be store to ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email and can they be store to ?: Where dose Win 10 Mail app store it's email? I want to store all Win 10 mail app data to d: 115147
  7. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...
  8. Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app?: As a longstanding WLM user recently switched to Thunderbird, I'm really trying to like the new Mail app as my permanent mail client. But I can't find contacts. Where are they? Also, I want to export contacts to a database of some sort (CSV?) like I can do with Gmail so...
  9. Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside.

in Browsers and Email
    Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside.: I am trying to do this. When I click on a mailto:joseph21@email.com it will open the link of the mail app in firefox, IE, Chrome, etc. Where is the app located. I did a search for mail but did not show any that is the built in mail app. Is there a way to export all the...
  10. Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?: Something very odd is happening. I tried to install a number of Windows Store apps ---- none of them would download, so I thought I would try again later, it might be a temporary glitch. Then by pure chance I discovered a lot of files from these apps on an external USB drive,...