Windows 10: Where are help files for the app "Photos"?

Discus and support Where are help files for the app "Photos"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to use the retouch edit function. Where are the help files for Windows 10 apps? 25779 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lbeck, Oct 9, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

Where are help files for the app "Photos"?

I can't figure out how to use the retouch edit function. Where are the help files for Windows 10 apps?

:)

lbeck, Oct 9, 2015

2. Where are the files for the store app located?

<Original title: Windows 10 Store App>

Where are the files for the store app located? I want to see the files that allow it to run.

YehudaSimon, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Where are the files for the store app located?

Hi Yehuda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I would like to inform that the apps that are downloaded from Windows Store will be located in the location:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages

To navigate to this location, you will have to unhide the hidden folders by following the steps provided below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check the option for Hidden items.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Good question on at least that one, but i use Corel Paintshop for editing. Guess learn as you use, not much editing tools on that app.

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi,
    It seems we're now left with 'the community' to do MS's job in part. E.g.
    How To Edit Portraits In The Windows 10 Photos App
    Edit or Retouch Raw/JPEG Photos Using Windows 10 Built-in App Photos

MS from Win 8 has essentially abandoned the idea of 'Help' provided for Windows- and presumably for its apps.

These were for Win 8- but photos has moved on since then
    - is MS really leaving it to the community to document their software? (Below)
    Photos app for Windows: FAQ - Windows Help

Edit photos and videos - Windows Help

and I can't find anything similar.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Did good, where i would of eventually went to, google. Also many books and magazines i am sure for Windows 10, as was in past OS's. Truthfully not much to that Photo app to learn.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are help files for the app "Photos"? - Similar Threads - Where are help

2. Help Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Photos App: Hello,Having issues with my Photo app. I have done everything but Reset it. I am a little nervous to do that because I don't want to loose any photos. I see blocks where my photos should be with black background and red lines going through it like lightning strikes, black...
  3. Help Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Photos App: Hello,Having issues with my Photo app. I have done everything but Reset it. I am a little nervous to do that because I don't want to loose any photos. I see blocks where my photos should be with black background and red lines going through it like lightning strikes, black...
  4. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  5. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  6. Where are photo app images stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photo app images stored?: Seems like, for me, it is difficult to find where the photo app stores images. I know there is a Pictures folder, but I often can't seem to find photos in that folder or its sub-folders. File info for photos is blank. I look at OneDrive and locally on my Surface but shouldn't...
  7. Where are photo app images stored?

Where are photo app images stored?: Seems like, for me, it is difficult to find where the photo app stores images. I know there is a Pictures folder, but I often can't seem to find photos in that folder or its sub-folders. File info for photos is blank. I look at OneDrive and locally on my Surface but shouldn't...
  8. Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?: Hi guys, So I have selected the photos I want to save as favorites and I see that there is a favorite photos folder within the photos app but I am wondering where I can find them within File Explorer for easier access when selecting my favorite photos. Thanks...
  9. Is there Help for the Photo App?

Is there Help for the Photo App?: When cropping photos, I frequently get a "Oooops, we couldn't save that one" message. When I crop the photo again, it gets saved. I don't know why. I've scanned hundreds of photos. My scanner shows the photo on a black background, so every photo has to be cropped in the...
  10. [Help] Photo App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Photo App: I'm not sure when it happened but some corporate moron has decided the stellar Microsoft Photo App wasn't 'hip enough for them millennials' and now has implemented a slew of social media integration and a god awful photos scroll meant for mobile os' Is there any way to...