Windows 10: Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several icons that I would like to store in my icon cache instead of in a separate folder. I unchecked "Don't show hidden folders" and "Hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseJM, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DeniseJM Win User

Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home?

I have several icons that I would like to store in my icon cache instead of in a separate folder. I unchecked "Don't show hidden folders" and "Hide protected operating system files and folders" but I still can't find them. When I try to change an icon, the address in the box is %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll but there is no Shell32.dll folder in the System 32 folder. Where is Windows hiding them?

:)

DeniseJM, Feb 11, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - Where are icons

2. Where is the minimize/fullscreen/close icons stored in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the minimize/fullscreen/close icons stored in windows 11?: Hi, I just wanted to know where the minimize/fullscreen/close icons are stored in windows 11. Does anyone have any idea of where they are stored? Thank you....
  3. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  4. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  5. Where is Windows 10 stored on the computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is Windows 10 stored on the computer?: What file is used to run Windows 10 when it first starts up? It's an program, so there must be some file that executes it. submitted by /u/Sheridan_Cain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5055j/where_is_windows_10_stored_on_the_computer/
  6. windows icon, where is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows icon, where is it?: Hello, windows 10 is up to date on my laptop but I can not find the icon or where to access it from. its not on my list of applications. please help. thank you...
  7. where are the Windows 10 system icons stored?

where are the Windows 10 system icons stored?: Hi! I need to embed the Windows 10 system icons in the training materials I am writing. These are QA test scripts for system VV&Q. "Step 6.1 Click on Start icon here select..." Thanks! Thomas...
  8. Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RetailPleb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ei95k3/where_are_windows_10_icons_stored_on_my_pc/
  9. Where to download Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to download Windows 10 Home: I lost my install media for Windows 10 Home. I still have my Product Code. I sure don't want to have to buy the install media again. Is there a place I can download the install program and burn it to a disc? Need a little help. 130654
  10. Where does Windows store folder view icons?

Where does Windows store folder view icons?: Below are the icons that Im looking to locate and replace. I have skimmed through imageres.dll, explorerframe.dll , shell32.dll and 60 more .dll and .cpl files in both SySWoW64 and system32 directories, but have not managed to located these 14 icons. Does anyone know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are icons stored windows 10