Windows 10: Where are installed app's filed in win 10

Discus and support Where are installed app's filed in win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I download and install apps and can't find them to use them. They are not in settings>apps & features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaleConfer, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Where are installed app's filed in win 10

I download and install apps and can't find them to use them. They are not in settings>apps & features

:)

DaleConfer, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Where are installed app's filed in win 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Where are installed app's filed in win 10 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Where are installed app's filed in win 10

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where are installed app's filed in win 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Where are installed app's filed in win 10

1. Where are installed app's filed in win 10 - Similar Threads - Where are installed

2. where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored: where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-win-10-apps-like-notepad-stored/5c015242-7f69-4184-a677-37ccf96d3653
  3. where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored: where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-win-10-apps-like-notepad-stored/5c015242-7f69-4184-a677-37ccf96d3653
  4. where are win 10 apps Like Notepad stored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?

WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?: I need those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-win-10-setup-files-be-stored/5fcffad3-df57-43fc-858f-4f087ae65e04
  6. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  7. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  8. Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?: For whatever reason, even without updates, the start menu no longer works. I can't roll back to a previous version because there was no actual update. I do not have time to download, customize, and transfer all files to a new account (which is bizarre, seeing as how a start...
  9. Where are native Win 10 apps stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are native Win 10 apps stored?: Where are native Win 10 apps stored? I can't find the directory into which they are installed. I'm talking about Store, Maps. Netflix, etc. 68669
  10. Where is the file search box in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the file search box in Win 10?: In Win 7, one clicked on Start and you could then search for any file in your entire computer by entering its name (or part of it's name) in the file search box. In Win 10, you have to ask Cortana who won't locate a file for you. Where has the file search box covering all...