Windows 10: Where are my 4th processor?

Discus and support Where are my 4th processor? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Video you can watch the video, when i first start this pc i turned on 3 processor instead of 4 but the next time i check there are no 4th processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbrarHusayni, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Where are my 4th processor?

Video you can watch the video, when i first start this pc i turned on 3 processor instead of 4 but the next time i check there are no 4th processor

:)

AbrarHusayni, Oct 19, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Where are my 4th processor?

What's the difference between these two processors.

the first one is stepping E3, the second one is stepping E6. whats stepping?

No processor design is perfect. The first version of a new microprocessor product is the A-0 step. Later, as improvements are made to the product for functional (bug) fixes or manufacturing improvements, the stepping number will increase.

Generally speaking, minor changes result in an increased number, (that is, A-1 to A-2) while more complex changes result in the letter being changed (that is, A-2 to B-0).

If new steppings come out with fewer bugs you are usually not eligible to RMA for a newer processor. Most of these bugs are supposed to be worked around in the motherboard design, BIOS (drivers), and applications.

Intel produces a detailed document called a "Specification Update" for each of their processor models that covers all of the various steppings, and lists exactly which bugs (they call them "errata") each one has and a description of the bug. For example you can download the Pentium IV specification Update from Intel at http://developer.intel.com/design/pentium4/specupdt/
    A similar document is available for every processor they make.

AMD uses the term "revision numbers" to refer to steppings for its Athlon and other processors. To see the errata for a given AMD processor, look up its revision guide, which lists the processor revision numbers and the errata which apply to each revision. For example, the revision guide for the AMD Athlon XP model 8 processor is available from AMD at
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25703.pdf

what does this all mean, well you are likely to have less compatablity problems with the newer version of the processor, but as most motherboard manufactures are good with bios updates, this should not be a problem.

Tenforo, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Where are my 4th processor?

1. Where are my 4th processor? - Similar Threads - Where are 4th

2. Why will my pc not detect my 4th monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my pc not detect my 4th monitor: I have four monitors and thee of them are connected via display port, my fourth one that I just got I hooked up through HDMI. and it won't show a signal, it also won't get detected by my pc. I've tried restarting everything and unplugging everything. I know it's not a bad...
  3. Why will my pc not detect my 4th monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will my pc not detect my 4th monitor: I have four monitors and thee of them are connected via display port, my fourth one that I just got I hooked up through HDMI. and it won't show a signal, it also won't get detected by my pc. I've tried restarting everything and unplugging everything. I know it's not a bad...
  4. 4th Monitor- Will not display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4th Monitor- Will not display: I'm not exceptionally tech savvy- so I'm not sure if my HP laptop is suited for 4 screens. It detects 3 screens 2 externals and the laptop with a docking station, but when I connect the 4th screen it will only project to that screen if I stop another. It will not allow me to...
  5. 4th Monitor- Will not display

4th Monitor- Will not display: I'm not exceptionally tech savvy- so I'm not sure if my HP laptop is suited for 4 screens. It detects 3 screens 2 externals and the laptop with a docking station, but when I connect the 4th screen it will only project to that screen if I stop another. It will not allow me to...
  6. Where are my 4th processor?

Where are my 4th processor?: Video you can watch the video, when i first start this pc i turned on 3 processor instead of 4 but the next time i check there are no 4th processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-4th-processor/3a254a66-f797-40d9-b870-3713b113d4ac
  7. Where are my 4th processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where are my 4th processor?: Video you can watch the video, when i first start this pc i turned on 3 processor instead of 4 but the next time i check there are no 4th processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-4th-processor/3a254a66-f797-40d9-b870-3713b113d4ac
  8. Where did processor power management go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did processor power management go?: Processor power management is missing (along with several other things) from the Advanced Settings under Power Options in Windows 10. It was there at the start of the year, but it's gone now. CsEnabled is also gone from registry, so that can't be used to restore it. What...
  9. WHERE IS MY WORD PROCESSOR

WHERE IS MY WORD PROCESSOR: where is my word processor for letters ad mailing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-word-processor/c8017860-2105-4f28-9be7-de57c51bcbcf
  10. 4th monitor is not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4th monitor is not working: Hello, I am trying to add 4th monitor but 4th is not working. One is plugged in VGA socket, other HDMI and for 4th I am using display adapter. https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/usb-20-to-dvi-full-hd-adapter-with-vga-and-hdmi-adapters-a98ha 4th monitor is not responding but it's...