Windows 10: Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

Discus and support Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesB330, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro

:)

CharlesB330, Nov 3, 2020
  2. abredt Win User

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Thanks.

Can you tell me where the Contacts are stored?

I also want to back up the Contacts.

In Outlook, People I clicked to Export to a File. It lists Contacts and 2 folders under it with long numerical filenames. What are these folders?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Nov 3, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

Contacts Folder

I still have the Contacts folder with its unique options. It's specialized behavior seems to be predicated by the assumption that, barring relocation, it is a folder named 'Contacts' in your User profile folder. This comes from the following registry entry:
    Code:
    I was able to make it appear as a regular folder by designating another folder as my Contacts folder by creating a registry entry under:
    Code:
    create a REG_EXPAND_SZ value named {56784854-C6CB-462B-8169-88E350ACB882} and make its value the path to your Contacts folder. Though this shouldn't be necessary, it will explicitly define the folder as your Contacts folder:

Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty" [​IMG]

Keith

KeithM, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

1. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty" - Similar Threads - Where are contacts

2. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?: Microsoft takes all my links and wants to store them in the cloud. I want to see my links in my local 'contacts' and 'favourites'. What's up Microsoft? Can't you do that? If you need to have them in the cloud, can you also store them back into my local folders....
  3. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?: Microsoft takes all my links and wants to store them in the cloud. I want to see my links in my local 'contacts' and 'favourites'. What's up Microsoft? Can't you do that? If you need to have them in the cloud, can you also store them back into my local folders....
  4. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Contacts Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts Folder Icon: Hey everyone, I hope your doing great! I was just wondering, how to change my "Contacts" folder icon as i have already changed almost every other folder icon. So, if anybody knows how to change the "Contacts" folder icon I already have the .ico file ready. Please let me know...
  6. Contacts Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts Folder Icon: Hey everyone, I hope your doing great! I was just wondering, how to change my "Contacts" folder icon as i have already changed almost every other folder icon. So, if anybody knows how to change the "Contacts" folder icon I already have the .ico file ready. Please let me know...
  7. Contacts Folder Icon

8. email contact folder

email contact folder: Old pc, want to save contacts . How can I download contacts to a thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contact-folder/39e76a88-12c3-4968-9186-5584459f1904"
  9. Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing: I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365. The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty. Should they be there too? cb 80597
  10. Contacts Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Contacts Folder: I cant find my contacts folder. Well, that's not exactly true, I do have a folder at "C:\Users\xxx\Contacts", but it's just a regular folder. Seems to have happened around the time I installed the creators update? Searching for an answer It looks like I 'm way behind the...