Windows 10: Where are my drawings?

Discus and support Where are my drawings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, after a lot of grief, I finally just paid somebody to do the clean install of Win 10 for me... and I got my settings back on my own. But it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Mag00, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

Where are my drawings?

OK, after a lot of grief, I finally just paid somebody to do the clean install of Win 10 for me... and I got my settings back on my own. But it seems all my files have been spread out all over the place in Win 10! My drawings were all in one place before but now I can't find them. I only remember the names of a few... and if I type a name into the search box, I get just the one drawing. Can anyone tell me how to access ALL my drawings? Very important!

Any help with this will be very much appreciated. *Smile

:)

Mr Mag00, Aug 9, 2016

2. Where are my files?

Noticed none of my personal files were in This PC after all updates from Windows. I reverted to a previous build and there it all was again. Hope that helps someone.

Where are my files, Aug 9, 2016
  3. where is my music? where are my documents? they are not showing in either folder (music or doucments).

Hello Ray,

Thank you for getting back to us with any update.

Usually you can see missing files in Windows.old. However you try to search and failed to find them. Try the below steps and see if it helps you.

* Go to ThisPC,

* When you're on ThisPC, you will find search bar
    on top right of the window. Enter the names of the file which you seen missing. Like music or document files name into the search space.

* Wait till the search completes. If it brings up the missing files, then right click on the file and select
    Open file location. This another way to find the missing files.

Note: Click and expand
    View ribbon on top of the menu and select Hidden items
    check box before you start search.

If it doesn't bring up the files, then it is clear that the files are unavailable on your PC.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Where are my drawings?

You should ask this question to the person that installed Windows 10 for you. Normally a person that gets paid to install an operating system for somebody else is a professional and a professional would be careful to use an offline back up storage device to store all of your data. That person would then install your operating system and then reinstall all of your personal files in EXACTLY the same state that they were in when they were given your machine.

It seems that the person that installed your Windows 10 did not perform this very basic function, so any questions regarding your system or your files should be addressed to the person that installed your OS.

Rocky, Aug 9, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Try searching by extension, they may be moved to somewhere else.

CountMike, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Mr Mag00 Win User
    At one point, here in Win 10, I did see all my drawing in one place... I THINK! But now I can't find them again! I chose ONE drawing, and the others were there with it. NOW, that's no longer the case. The one drawing is located in PHOTOS, and so are others when I choose them separately. But if I go to PHOTOS, I get this ridiculous new screen called PHOTOS with no drawings in it! I swear I suspect Microsoft is forcing teenee little updates, secretly, to keep people from avoiding them. After all the other crap they pulled, this seems like a real possibility! *Smile

Mr Mag00, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Mr Mag00 Win User
    Or maybe I'm just an old man who can barely remember his name, much less administrate a computer!

Mr Mag00, Aug 9, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Where are my drawings?

If you mean Photos the APP, it just shows photos and pictures but doesn't "store" them. Windows search feature is not too good either.
    Here, download this: Everything Search Engine and search by type.

CountMike, Aug 9, 2016
  9. Ok when you do a clean install of Windows 10 it does a format of the C drive so if there are any file on C drive they will be formatted away. So if you have important files on C drive you need to back up on

1. Flash drive or external drive another local drive or a network drive if applicable.
    2. DO a backup of all data.

orlbuckeye, Aug 9, 2016
  10. Mr Mag00 Win User
    I think I found the drawings.... the same way I do most things. Manually...... by just reading the names of files, starting with THIS PC and reading everything!!!!! *Sad
    There are big holes in my knowledge of computing. My brain doesn't work too well. *Sad Yeah... there are 2 things called PHOTOS. I found the right one, and my drawings seem to be there.

Thanx for your help. *Smile

Mr Mag00, Aug 9, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    This might be a good time to back them up to an external device, like a USB hard drive. That's if you can afford $100 or so for a 3TB drive. (3TB is huge for us old guys.)

bobkn, Aug 9, 2016
  12. Rocky Win User
    I agree. This is a perfect example of why you should have an external drive for back up storage.

Rocky, Aug 9, 2016
  13. Rocky Win User
Thema:

Where are my drawings?

1. Where are my drawings? - Similar Threads - Where are drawings

2. new drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new drawing: I have 2 hours of u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-drawing/89b95d4c-a14a-4b6c-ab64-b818a227802d
  3. Why are my Drawings and Images pixelated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Drawings and Images pixelated?: As of recently the Images in my Folders have started to become very pixelated for no reason. After passing zoom 100% the Images become highly pixelated instead of this weird smushed blur, which now makes it harder to look at them, this becomes irritating for Commissions I've...
  4. My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...: Hello so i have this problem a girl gave me her old drawing tablet that is a wacom intuos comic the old version and i installed the latest driver through the official wacom website.The installation went smooth and it tells me I installed it perfectly. I'm able to use it as a...
  5. Direct Draw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Draw: Hi, I am trying to play this game that I downloaded but everytime i open it, this alert comes up, "InitDirectDraw, pSPrimary CreateSurface - Unable to create an DirectDraw Surface. Game shutting down - DDERR_NODIRECTDRAWHW - A hardware only DirectDraw object creation was...
  6. Drawing tablets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drawing tablets: So i bought a tablet back in April, it was working just fine. Up until recently where i ran into a problem. 2 weeks ago, my tablet started to not work, it is a Star G430s Xp-pen. It does not have battery and is wired, when i plugged it in the USB port, the light only blinked...
  7. Drawing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drawing: Hi Community..... Is it possible to draw circuit diagrams using Microsoft Paint? Thanks and Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drawing/a279ff47-9c65-4734-ad2b-77341137caf2
  8. Draw in photos

Draw in photos: I have only 6 colours when I will draw? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draw-in-photos/f992087b-f5a1-4257-a239-53d443320ae7
  9. Corel Draw

Corel Draw: Hi there I have been offered a complete version of Corel Draw Graphic Suite 12. Is it compatible with Windows 10? Rob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/corel-draw/39139d60-51c4-4d4a-bb41-057afaa59fb0
  10. Drawing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drawing on my laptop: I have a touch screen laptop and I've been trying to find a pen that will work with it, but I can't seem to find anything that is compatible. It's a Lenovo Yoga710-15ISK and I want to be able to draw directly on my screen. Does anyone know of any pen that would work with my...