Windows 10: Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

Discus and support Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fripi_318, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Fripi_318 Win User

Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how can I retrieve them??

:)

Fripi_318, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jan 19, 2023
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

store

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I would suggest you to clear the cache memory of the Windows Store app.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

1. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC" - Similar Threads - Where are files

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored: Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new documents. After the reset, it says I don't have control, even though I've set permissions for all listed users. Help please!...
  5. Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored: Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new documents. After the reset, it says I don't have control, even though I've set permissions for all listed users. Help please!...
  6. Where to store .exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to store .exe files?: New to windows. When you download a small program that is just an .exe file and no installer, where do you put it? submitted by /u/rkruegs123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6keea/where_to_store_exe_files/
  7. Change where files are stored to

Change where files are stored to: Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down menu next to each item doesn't give me an option to change the location. Can I change the storage settings to OneDrive or an...
  8. Where are whiteboard files stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are whiteboard files stored?: In fact, are they stored.....? Can't find a file anywhere with them so if my computer crashes I lose them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-whiteboard-files-stored/5147e05a-cf4a-4bfb-be84-68e65b375d57
  9. where is my music stored on this pc

where is my music stored on this pc: where is my music stored on this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-music-stored-on-this-pc/8a2c53b3-1ec9-4d28-ad7a-a1c51e70dc96"
  10. Where GWX Files Are Stored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...