Windows 10: Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes

Discus and support Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen a few of these that have posted locations for the *.ipsw files used by Apple iTunes to update your Apple devices but none of them pointed me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryPendergrass, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes

I've seen a few of these that have posted locations for the *.ipsw files used by Apple iTunes to update your Apple devices but none of them pointed me to my file location.

Most say they are located in this location, C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates

Mine are located in C:/Users/yourusername/Local/Packages/AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa/LocalCache/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

:)

TerryPendergrass, Sep 7, 2020

2. Where are iPhone software updates stored on Win 10

Hi Mickey,

In Windows it depends on the Windows version, username, and the iOS hardware you are using.

For example:

Windows 7: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Windows 10: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\

You can look around within your iTunes directory for other iOS devices.

The iOS system udpate file IPSW can be found mostly in \Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Open the File Explorer on your laptop or desktop, browse to above location in Windows explorer, you can then find and delete those iPhone iOS update files in iTunes in .ipsw format on Windows PC.

Or you could perform a simple search for *.IPSW files under /Users directory if you have more than 1 user account in your PC.

Regards,

Lee

Lee Teck Koon, Sep 7, 2020
  3. DonLandry Win User
    Connect my iPhone XR to Windows 10 desktop

I need to connect to iTunes to backup iPhone contents and sync my iPhone XR with new purchases from the Store to my Windows 10 desktop. According to Apple, the Windows 10 desktop must be Unlocked in order for
    iTunes to update and sync to my iPhone XR.

I get the message "Trust This Computer? Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected wirelessly or using a cable." when I connect the iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop via usb
    cable.

My specifications are:

• iTunes Version 12.10.7.3.
    • iPhone XR iOS version 13.3.1. Version 13.5 available.
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165).
    I have tried previous suggestions:

Any suggestions?

DonLandry, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes

Itunes and Wimdows 10

I cannot synch my IPhone on Windows 10 . I keep getting a message on Itunes that the computer isn't authorized. I follow the steps on ITunes to authorize and ITunes says it is authorized. any suggestions?

johnlamson, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes

1. Where are my iPhone updates .ipsw stored on Windows 10 using iTunes - Similar Threads - Where are iPhone

2. Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes: 7 months ago I was able to connect to my iPhone using iTunes. Now I get the message: iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Unknown Error. 0xE8000065.When I plug in my iPhone the Windows Photos app pops up. I assume Photos is causing the problem. I recently tried to use...
  3. Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes: 7 months ago I was able to connect to my iPhone using iTunes. Now I get the message: iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Unknown Error. 0xE8000065.When I plug in my iPhone the Windows Photos app pops up. I assume Photos is causing the problem. I recently tried to use...
  4. where to saved iPhone iTunes backup... Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    where to saved iPhone iTunes backup... Please help: Please help needed,.. is there a way to change the path of iTunes where your iPhone backup can be directed to a direct storage disk?... i.e from default local drive C: to a different Storage Drive with a free space. thanks! submitted by /u/georgio1990 [link] [comments]...
  5. windows defender blocking itunes iphone update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender blocking itunes iphone update: hi can anyone help windows defender is blocking iTunes so that i can not update my iPhone on my pc. i know i can do this wirelessly from the iPhone but have been doing this using my pc and iTunes for many years and don't want to change i have tried contacting Microsoft...
  6. iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10

iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10: Sorry if this is the wrong sub to post on, since this is about my iPhone, but it is also about Windows 10. I recently got an apple watch, but my iPhone needed to update in order to pair it. Since my storage was full, I used iTunes on my Windows 10 PC to update the iPhone....
  7. iTunes, iPhone and Windows 10.

iTunes, iPhone and Windows 10.: Hi all. My iMac is currently inoperable and I'm using a Windows 10 laptop on which I do have iTunes installed. Would it be possible to rip a cd using iTunes and sync it to my iPhone SE 2020? Optimally the iMac would be my goto system but it's currently a $1300...
  8. iphone and itunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iphone and itunes: And yet again, iTunes does not recognize the iPhone on my HP desktop It does recognize it on my wife's desktop. So, iTunes concluded, understandably, that it was a problem on my computer ... and I must contact Microsoft. I have Windows 10. All updates and rebooting 3...
  9. Where are iPhone software updates stored on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are iPhone software updates stored on Win 10: Hi, Just downloaded iTunes (which i hate) to my pc, so i can update my iPhone. But where does win 10 store / keep these updates? I have read countless articles claiming that these updates are stored under c:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone...
  10. iPhone/iTunes help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone/iTunes help: my iphone will not connect with my itunes on my laptop. I have the latest windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphoneitunes-help/5bf1651a-56ff-43d9-bf42-0088259949f3