Windows 10: Where are my skipped files going?

Discus and support Where are my skipped files going? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i wanted to change my screenshots from Win10 to a different folder but there were some screenshots in the folder so it asked me something like "do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aut23, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Aut23 Win User

Where are my skipped files going?

So i wanted to change my screenshots from Win10 to a different folder but there were some screenshots in the folder so it asked me something like "do you want to copy your old pictures from this folder to the new folder?" and i said yes because i want to keep the pictures - then it told me that some pictures are already in there or the name is the same and i clicked the second thing accidentally - it said somthing like "skip those files" i think but i didnt read fast enough - my quesion: can i get those pictures back or are they gone forever now? they are not in my pin and they are not in th

:)

Aut23, Jan 24, 2023

2. How to go directly to documents list when opening a file, skipping the File tab

How to go directly to documents list when opening a file, skipping the File tab

RandyMartinZE, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Replace or Skip file dialog box not appearing anymore, always paste as a copy if file exist

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Please be informed that you might have checked that option to replace or skip file dialogue box.

I suggest you to restore the folder options and check if it helps.

• Go to file explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on options.
    • Then click on Restore default.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Where are my skipped files going?

Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Where are my skipped files going?

1. Where are my skipped files going? - Similar Threads - Where are skipped

2. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  3. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  4. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where are my skipped files going?

Where are my skipped files going?: So i wanted to change my screenshots from Win10 to a different folder but there were some screenshots in the folder so it asked me something like "do you want to copy your old pictures from this folder to the new folder?" and i said yes because i want to keep the pictures -...
  6. Where are my skipped files going?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my skipped files going?: So i wanted to change my screenshots from Win10 to a different folder but there were some screenshots in the folder so it asked me something like "do you want to copy your old pictures from this folder to the new folder?" and i said yes because i want to keep the pictures -...
  7. Where did my EXE file go?

Where did my EXE file go?: Recently, I have been trying to take sprites from a game. I found some tutorials and was going to try them out. One of them suggested decompressing the EXE file for the game. Whenever I look for it, the file is not there. Here are the things I've tried: 1. Deleting the app...
  8. Where did my Files Go To?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my Files Go To?: I got a notification saying my OneDrive was full. Supposedly OneDrive has been syncing all my desktop files I didn't know this, thanks a ton Microsoft so I went into OneDrive and selected to stop backup of desktop files, well now all the files on my desktop are gone, and...
  9. Where will i see my skip files?

Where will i see my skip files?: Hi, i am using windows 10. I was trying to move some files from my desk top to a document folder. However, when it was prompting whether i replace, skip or cancel, i accidentally clicked “skip” :( where will i see or folders will i see the documents i skipped? thank you...
  10. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my files go?: Just updated to a new windows 10 build using the dvd. Installed using the keep personal files option. The complete opposite seems to have happened! My program files folder is still there. I have a windows.old folder. And a new e: but wherever I look the users folders,...