Windows 10: Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account?

Discus and support Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this seems like a weird/vague question, but here is the scenario. When I make a brand new PC or VM and I log into windows for the first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChuckCoggins III, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account?

I know this seems like a weird/vague question, but here is the scenario.

When I make a brand new PC or VM and I log into windows for the first time using my Microsoft credentials my desktop background wallpaper theme auto shows up.

I have gone into: C:\Users\Chuck\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackground

and I have removed the photos I don't want to see but as soon as I reboot the PC those photos come back.

So between that and every time, I log into my MS account on a new Windows install the theme auto-populating I know it is being stored somewhere on the cloud and being auto-added to the system.

Does anyone know where I can add/remove photos so certain ones stop showing up and new ones will in their place?

Thank you!

:)

ChuckCoggins III, Nov 30, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account?

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account?

1. Where are my wallpapers stored at on my Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - Where are wallpapers

2. Where is my laptop's officila brand wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my laptop's officila brand wallpaper?: I bought a new laptop but when I see it wallpapers there are only wallpapers of windows 11. So, I want to know where the brand wallpaper is that in this case is ASUS....
  3. Where is my laptop's officila brand wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my laptop's officila brand wallpaper?: I bought a new laptop but when I see it wallpapers there are only wallpapers of windows 11. So, I want to know where the brand wallpaper is that in this case is ASUS....
  4. Where did my Microsoft Store Go?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where did my Microsoft Store Go?: My Microsoft Store stopped working so I tried doing what people were saying online but it ended up just deleting it off my device without a trace. It started when the store stopped updating the connected apps. I followed a ton of videos and online forums that said to...
  5. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?: The wallpaper/spotlight shown on the monitor when Windows is sleeping shows nice pictures of different places. Sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen there is a description of what the picture shows and the question whether you like what you see; other times...
  6. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?: The wallpaper/spotlight shown on the monitor when Windows is sleeping shows nice pictures of different places. Sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen there is a description of what the picture shows and the question whether you like what you see; other times...
  7. Where is my microsoft profile stored?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is my microsoft profile stored?: I have a problem with my profile. I'd like to find my old profile, copy it to OneDrive, then create a new profile and copy the files from the old file to the new one one by one until I find the file that's causing me trouble, delete that file from my old profile and let...
  8. Where is My Microsoft store

Where is My Microsoft store: I have searched everywhere even the search bar and i tried to download it and didnt work i tried multiple times and also tried multiple ways https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-microsoft-store/b2da2a68-640a-4e22-8279-b9c45f5426c0
  9. Where is my Microsoft Calendar data stored?

Where is my Microsoft Calendar data stored?: I do not have an Outlook account or any other account that I sync my data from/to. I entered all the calendar data on my computer. It should not be linked to any mail account. What file is it stored in or where on my computer can I find the information? I am running Windows...
  10. Where is Wallpaper stored?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Wallpaper stored?: I changed the wallpaper on my Preview version and it also changed the wallpaper on my production system. But, I can't find the original wallpaper picture. I found the location for the pictures that come with Win 10, but not my original picture. Surely its in a folder...