Windows 10: Where are Power Plans Stored?

Discus and support Where are Power Plans Stored? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've just done a clean install on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I had a Dell supplied power plan on the previous W10 installation (upgraded from W8.1).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Where are Power Plans Stored?

I've just done a clean install on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I had a Dell supplied power plan on the previous W10 installation (upgraded from W8.1). Where are these plans stored so I can recover the previous Dell plan?

:)

Steve C, Jan 16, 2016

2. Power plan?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the update.

If changing the power settings didn't work, we advise using the built-in power troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click the view all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jan 16, 2016
  3. power plan

Hello Kalpana,

I have a couple of questions concerning the advice that you gave Charles s123 on Aug. 23, 2,015 to a question that he posted on the same date which was titled "power plan".

In the first, step two "2", of your answer, on the first blue colored line, could you tell me if you preceded each slash "/" in that line with a space " "? And also, in that same line, I was wondering if that hyphen "-" is actually supposed to represent
    the position within that command where I would be expected to place a space " ", in place of the hyphen "-"?

Also, I assume (contained within the first, step two "2" of your directions) that just above that first blue line, the line which reads "WSReset.exe" is not one of the four "4" commands that you wanted him to type because I'm assuming the four "4" commands
    refer to what I will call the four "4" blue colored paragraphs directly underneath the "WSReset.exe" line. In addition to typing the four "4" blue colored paragraphs, unless I am corrected, I am assuming that WSReset.exe should be typed just before the blue colored
    commands and right clicking on the CMD icon (to run it as administrator).

If I got any of all that wrong, could you please straighten me out?

Thank you very much for your trouble,

Harry Riegert

HarryRiegert, Jan 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a quick test indicates the relevant area (you'd have to explore further) is here:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes\381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e\238c9fa8-0aad-41ed-83f4-97be242c8f20\29f6c1db-86da-48c5-9fdb-f2b67b1f44da\DCSettingIndex: 0x00000258

However, what the structure is for a complete scheme I don't know.

Given that you've done a clean install, I'm a little puzzled as to the source you'd use to recover one.. a disk image maybe? And would it really be worth the effort?

dalchina, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    In such a situation I just go to Control Panel, Power Options and make settings as needed. I've not yet seen where the recommended settings apply to all situations. As mentioned, a clean install may have wiped out what Dell originally supplied with Win8.1. Have you checked with Support | Dell Deutschland if there is a download for their software?

Berton, Jan 17, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I discovered I had to install the Dell Quickset utility. Having done so, I decided it didn't do much for me so uninstalled it!

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are Power Plans Stored? - Similar Threads - Where are Power

2. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  3. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  4. power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan: pls. help to set my window power plan to high performance level, since computer is running slow and always got jammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/350c8da4-a351-430a-bd97-62c8ee82c948
  5. Power Plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  6. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  7. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plans: Why are the power plans gone? It's very valuable to me, to set my power plans by click on the little battery icon, in the lower right of what I think is the "Taskbar". I set it to high performance to play games when it's plugged in, and economy mode for longer battery life,...
  8. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  9. Power plan

Power plan: I need advises on power plan between balanced or hi performance , does the hi performance power plan has better performance ? 124531
  10. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are power plans stored windows