Windows 10: Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?

Discus and support Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a back up of the user folder when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 yet emails that were saved in the mail aplication in folders have not transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neilo_77, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Neilo_77 Win User

Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?

I have a back up of the user folder when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 yet emails that were saved in the mail aplication in folders have not transfer in the upgrade. Where are they contained and are they recoverable?

:)

Neilo_77, Mar 31, 2021

2. Saving E-Mails

I receive a lot of e-mails and need to save many of them for future reference. I have a series of folders in Mail to which move these mails. When I go to a folder at a later date it is empty and Mail has to download these e-mails again. This is time
    consuming and of course impossible if I am off line. How can I save my e-mails so they are instantly accessible? It used to be possible on previous e-mail programs, such as Outlook.

Old AgeTraveller, Mar 31, 2021
  3. I need a slick E-mail program!

My parents are absolutely stonewall about keeping AOL. The best reason they can give me for keeping it is the easy to use E-mail interface. I ain't arguing, I haven't found anything easier to use, but it TAKES SO MUCH MEMORY! And so I'm thinking that if I can find something nice and easy to use, I might be able to get my parents to use it instead of AOL, and finally get the bloatware known as AOL off my computer! The requirements-
    • Must be easy to use
    • Can't be browser-based (so AIM mail, Yahoo, and MSN are no-no's)
    • Preferably compatible with AOL mail, my parents don't want to switch E-mail accounts
    • Can't be Mozilla Thunderbird...I tried it and it sucks in terms of multiple E-mail accounts, and it erased all my saved mail *Frown Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication? :(.
    Any ideas?

zekrahminator, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication? - Similar Threads - Where are saved

2. Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.: Hi,I recently tried Outlook pre-release and I must admit that I enjoy the new design and would like to be able to use it as my main e-mail client.Sadly, I had to revert back to the standard Outlook since it seems impossible to save e-mails locally on your computer. I keep...
  3. Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.: Hi,I recently tried Outlook pre-release and I must admit that I enjoy the new design and would like to be able to use it as my main e-mail client.Sadly, I had to revert back to the standard Outlook since it seems impossible to save e-mails locally on your computer. I keep...
  4. Saving multiple outlook e-mails as html not text only

Saving multiple outlook e-mails as html not text only: Hello,Using latest version of MS Outlook Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.14228.20216 64-bit NOT web version of outlook and I already know how to save an individual e-mail as either a .msg, txt or html so I can look at them offline without outlook running,...
  5. Where are the settings for Windows Mail and Calendar saved in the Registry Editor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are the settings for Windows Mail and Calendar saved in the Registry Editor?: I need help locating the settings in the registry editor for Windows Mail and Calendar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-settings-for-windows-mail-and/03bc6e81-ffce-415f-b443-40c02d1fff0e
  6. Adding old saved OE mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding old saved OE mail to Mail: I want to add old email saved from OE to Mail What is the path in C drive to Mail outbox and inbox and can I paste the old .eml mail to Mail inbox and outbox folders?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  8. E-mail copy saved in Word.

E-mail copy saved in Word.: I received an e-mail with an attachment which they saved in word. How can I retrieve and copy it in order to reply? 2. What would be the best book for me to get regarding # 10. Would Dummies for # 10 at Amazon be most helpful? Thanks for any information you can give me....
  9. Saving files in e-mail to folders in PDF only and Not html.

Saving files in e-mail to folders in PDF only and Not html.: When someone sends me a PDF file in an e-mail, I was able to download and save them in my folders as PDF files. Now when someone sends me a file, I try to download and save as PDF to my folders, but I can't. It only saves them as html. How can I change this. I noticed also...
  10. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...