Windows 10: where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?

Discus and support where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi therewhen i take a screenshot on my windows 10 laptop, it used to be saved to a folder under 'my pictures' called screen shots. that does nor happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnitaLessing, Aug 19, 2021.

1. where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?

hi therewhen i take a screenshot on my windows 10 laptop, it used to be saved to a folder under 'my pictures' called screen shots. that does nor happen anymore. i have tried to follow steps described in a previous discussion on this forum of how to resolve it, but ii am struggling to get it sorted out. any advice/help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

AnitaLessing, Aug 19, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Screenshot taken from Surface pro not appearing in the folder.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

Check if you are able to locate the screenshots folder using Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard to launch
      Cortana
    • Type the file name of any screenshot picture you had taken before the issue occurred.
    • Trail the file/folder path displayed at the top most search result on the PC.
    • Check if the screenshots are displayed in the file/folder.

Also check if you are able to view the transferred photos from other devices to your Surface Pro.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?

1. where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved? - Similar Threads - where are screenshots

2. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  3. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  4. Where are Screenshots and Snips saved in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Where are Screenshots and Snips saved in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Whether you want to share your game score, save an outfit idea, give a presentation, demonstrate something, or anything else, screenshots are used everywhere. Taking and sharing the screenshots is very simple and handy. How wonderful it is that we can capture our...
  5. Where are my screenshots, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where are my screenshots, windows 10: I am using Windows 10 v.1909 64 bit. Took a few screenshots by pressing: Windows+Shift+S I am able to highlight the screen area I am interested in and when that is done the highlighted area disappears, can't find the the files! Looked in Pictures, tried to find Clipboard...
  6. I don't know where are my screenshots saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know where are my screenshots saved: When I press win+prtscr, windows performed a snapshot, but I don't have a folder called "Screenshots" in "This PC\Pictures", so where can I find my screenshots?...
  7. How to change where my screenshots are saved to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change where my screenshots are saved to?: Hey reddit! I hate having to click on the popup that comes up everytime a take a screenshot with the snipping tool so I searched up how to take a quick ss. So, I tried using it and it just saves them all to my desktop. I absolutley hate this because I CAN NOT have a messy...
  8. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I've already looked through at least a dozen forums on this. They aren't saving to my Onedrive or anywhere else. Also, my Users folder is stuck on Read Only mode, and after changing permissions and inheritance settings, it still won't get out of read only mode. This is weird...
  9. Where are screenshots saved?

Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  10. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive: I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I wanted to grab (NOT the full desktop. This did NOT require snipping or dragging a shape or whatever. The tool works perfectly...