Windows 10: Where are software GUIDs?

Discus and support Where are software GUIDs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are migrating to Win10 this summer and I am trying to package VLC for Win10. My install scripts work fine but I'd like to have an uninstall cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigpackage, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Where are software GUIDs?

We are migrating to Win10 this summer and I am trying to package VLC for Win10.

My install scripts work fine but I'd like to have an uninstall cmd line for SCCM2012.

GUIDs don't exist in the usual location: HKLC>Software>Microsoft>Windows<CurrentVersion>Uninstall
    Checked in CLSID's under HKLC>Classes but there seems to be a "CLSID" for all kinds of things that aren't exactly the "GUID" of the software.

I also tried writing a little script in Powershell but it is failing...:
    Get-Wmiobject Win32_Product | Sort-Object -Property Name | Format-Table Name, IdentifyingNumber | Out-File C:\GUID.txt
    CD C:\
    NOTEPAD GUID.txt

Thoughts? Googling it but getting no answers...

:)

bigpackage, Feb 4, 2016
  2. blockup Win User

Where are OVI PC software contact details stored?

I had a problem with my laptop, afterwards OVI desktop software kept crashing, it would load and say it needed to update then crash. At this point I could see my first entry in Contacts so i know the information is still on my computer, also i cannot install
    a new version of OVI.

I recently lost my phone and need to retrieve my contacts, so I decided to install OVI onto another laptop, is there a file in my Nokia OVI folders on the old laptop that contains all my contacts that I can move over to the other computer with the working
    OVI software?

Thanks

blockup, Feb 4, 2016
  3. blockup Win User
    Where are OVI PC software contact details stored?

XP :smileysad:

blockup, Feb 4, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Where are software GUIDs?

lx07, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Where are software GUIDs?

1. Where are software GUIDs? - Similar Threads - Where are software

2. Where can I get the "Windows 10 User Guide"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where can I get the "Windows 10 User Guide"?: "Windows 10 User Guide" The manual that should have come with the defective software. TrustedInstaller can only be trusted for one thing - to completely ransack, reorganize, reboot to death, and exercise control over YOUR computer, from deep inside, through the shadowy...
  3. Where can I get the "Windows 10 User Guide"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I get the "Windows 10 User Guide"?: "Windows 10 User Guide" The manual that should have come with the defective software. TrustedInstaller can only be trusted for one thing - to completely ransack, reorganize, reboot to death, and exercise control over YOUR computer, from deep inside, through the shadowy...
  4. Where can I get the "Windows 10 User Guide"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. guides for "gpedit.msc"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    guides for "gpedit.msc": hello, i'm a windows 10 user who just discovered "gpedit.msc" and loved it for now, but i've only found one guide on how to use it to increase the security of my pc, which is: https://www.cyber.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-03/hardening_win10_1709.pdf I wanted to know if...
  6. where can i find a user guide manual for outlook 2007 and download it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can i find a user guide manual for outlook 2007 and download it?: where can i find a user guide manual for outlook 2007 and download it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-a-user-guide-manual-for-outlook/953f02e5-7dd6-488c-a3b6-6bf92078d534
  7. Where to find install app / software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where to find install app / software?: My new notebook come with a lot of app / software installed, I would like to know on what software are installed and where to check it. For example, there are many app shown on privacy for permission, but I don't see them on uninstalled window. Does anyone have any...
  8. Where's the blacklist for windows 10 software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's the blacklist for windows 10 software?: microsoft has blacklisted some of my software. I got no notification of this, no choice to pick anything, which is a really scumbag move from microsoft. They thought they were being clever by hiding it like this low-key. Reminds me of communist countries... ''there is no...
  9. Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Documentation, User Guide - Available? Where?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Documentation, User Guide - Available? Where?: Where can I obtain a copy of the User Guide for Task Scheduler - Windows 10? I need documentation on how to use this product. Thank You....
  10. Windows 10 (a) manual/user guide: where? (b) how to move folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (a) manual/user guide: where? (b) how to move folders?: (a) Where do we download Windows 10 manuals from, please? (b) Meanwhile the problem that drives me most potty - I use "restored down folders" for many purposes, eg copying files between: but now I can't move them and they sit on top of each other in the centre of the...