Windows 10: where are TEMP files in Windows 10

Discus and support where are TEMP files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; where are TEMP files in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidBrannigan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. where are TEMP files in Windows 10

where are TEMP files in Windows 10

:)

DavidBrannigan, Mar 31, 2019

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2019
  4. where are TEMP files in Windows 10

Deleting temp files in Windows 10. Also computer slower with Windows 10.

Hello Yves,

We understand that you would like to delete your Temp files from Windows 10 system:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete the temp files in Windows 10.

• a. Press Windows + R key,

b. Type temp and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

c. Select all and delete.

d. Press Windows + R key,

e. Type %temp% and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

f. Select all and delete.

g. Press Windows + R key,

h. Type Prefetch and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

I. Select all and delete.
    Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

where are TEMP files in Windows 10

1. where are TEMP files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - where are TEMP

2. Where to find the rest of the temp files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to find the rest of the temp files?: Hello, i would like to clean my memory in my pc, but unfortunaly when i want to delete the temp files that take a lot of space from what i can see i would put a screenshot, Windows doesn't show me where the rest of the files is, so i dont know how to delete the rest, can...
  3. Where to find the rest of the temp files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find the rest of the temp files?: Hello, i would like to clean my memory in my pc, but unfortunaly when i want to delete the temp files that take a lot of space from what i can see i would put a screenshot, Windows doesn't show me where the rest of the files is, so i dont know how to delete the rest, can...
  4. Where to find the rest of the temp files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted Windows 10 Temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Windows 10 Temp file: I have delete windows temp files. And now my windows 10 only stuck at no bootable device. I can't open BIOS menu by pressing F2 and I have trying to install new windows 10 from CD or Flashdisk but still can't. Please help......
  6. Deleted Windows 10 Temp file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows 10 Temp file: I have delete windows temp files. And now my windows 10 only stuck at no bootable device. I can't open BIOS menu by pressing F2 and I have trying to install new windows 10 from CD or Flashdisk but still can't. Please help......
  7. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  8. Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp

Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp: The last 5 years I had deleted windows 10 Temp files and hadno problems because it occupies too many MB. Started on January 23, 2021, I cannot remove them. I went in OS C: > Windows>Temp . I used Disk cleanup. They do not work anymore. Does somebody control my computer?...
  9. Windows 10 Temp files

Windows 10 Temp files: I have a small question about the temp tile storage.. I recently had an update for windows 10 and now i got 0.98GB at the ''updates'' text on the bottom of the temp files. But after i cleaned up the ''windows updates''which has 1GB+, after the restart it still stil says 55.0...
  10. Where Do These Temp Files Come From?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Do These Temp Files Come From?: Location: C>Windows>Temp I recently started seeing folders with names like tw-15c0-518-ac7fd8e in the above location. Apparently all the folders are empty. First there were a few dozen, and I deleted them 2 or 3 times (once per week). This time there were about 200. Looking...