Windows 10: Where are the Background pictures located?

Discus and support Where are the Background pictures located? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I went to settings / personalization / background and browsed to change my background picture to one that I had on my hard drive. I was not satisfied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JB55, Aug 18, 2015.

1. JB55 Win User

Where are the Background pictures located?

I went to settings / personalization / background and browsed to change my background picture to one that I had on my hard drive.
    I was not satisfied so I went back to settings / personalization / background.
    The original picture that I wanted, was no longer there.

Where are the Background pictures located? [​IMG]

The original 5 have been depleted by my 2 poor choices.
    Where are the original background pictures located so that I can restore my background?

:)

2. ed375 Win User

Sign-in-screen, Where are the pictures stored? and how do I Delete one?

Windows 10 UN-helpfully added a picture I downloaded, as my user log-in/Sign-in screen.

I did NOT tell windows to use the picture as a background. It placed the picture there without asking or telling me.

How do I remove this picture from consideration as a log-in background?

Not Change the background picture, but DELETE this specific picture!

Is there a specific folder where these images are stored? WHERE?

Is there a link from a sub-folder in my pictures Library? if so, How do I break that link?

ed375, Aug 18, 2015
  3. AgentZen Win User
    Downloaded Theme from Microsoft with 14 background pictures, am unable to see any other background besides 1 of the 14.

I downloaded the Windows 10 NASA Spacescapes theme, which comes with 14 background pictures. I'd like to use a background picture other than the one that displays by default when the theme is installed. I've tried using the "Personalization" settings to
    select a different picture, but the only background picture listed from the NASA theme is the default background that was installed and a four other non-NASA theme backgrounds I have used previously. Browsing for the picture leaves me puzzled at where to look
    for the background pictures. I checked what I figure is the usual places.

There does not appear to be any way to change the background picture from the "Theme Settings" either.

I'm totally confused.

AgentZen, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    All the Windows default images are located in the folder c:\Windows\Web

Just explore the subfolders Screen, Wallpaper & 4K

Where are the Background pictures located? [​IMG]

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are the Background pictures located? - Similar Threads - Where are Background

2. Where is this background picture taken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is this background picture taken?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Widow_Maker_GT2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wbdhak/where_is_this_background_picture_taken/
  3. Where are pictures located on former main partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are pictures located on former main partition?: Recently I installed an SSD and redownloaded Windows on it. Although I still have Windows on my hard drive, I do not know where I would find the pictures which under normal circumstances would easily be found in the "Pictures" folder. Where would I find the pictures in the...
  4. Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?: I recently read an article from Microsoft explaining where are THEIR default Lock Screen pictures located a folder named Assets I believe. Apart from the fact that in that folder there were no wallpapers but game thumbnails, I couldn't find MY custom/personalized pictures....
  5. themes background pictures stored where?

themes background pictures stored where?: where are the themes pictures stored in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-background-pictures-stored-where/cd85408e-f9cb-4c36-86f6-17832fae3ab3
  6. Background Picture Location

Background Picture Location: Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current...
  7. Background Picture Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Picture Location: Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current...
  8. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427
  9. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133
  10. Where are recent certain items/pictures located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are recent certain items/pictures located?: For example say i name picture justin2. When i type this in start, it would show lot of pictures like justin2, justin 3 etc as i named lot of pictures that. So when i click on it, it opens up in paint. These are pictures i took screenshots of in my computer. Where can i find...