Windows 10: Where are the Excel 2016 Options saved on the drive?

Discus and support Where are the Excel 2016 Options saved on the drive? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello ALL: I know where Excel 2016, and Word 2016 for that matter, saves the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar. They are, of course in a file called... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MPSAN, Jan 26, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

Where are the Excel 2016 Options saved on the drive?

Hello ALL:
    I know where Excel 2016, and Word 2016 for that matter, saves the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar. They are, of course in a file called Excel.officeUI or Word.officeUI. However, where are the other options saved like General, Save, Formulas, etc. ie: all the options OTHER than Ribbon or QAT.

I am using 64 bit Windows 10 Pro and 64 bit Office 2016 Pro.

:)

MPSAN, Jan 26, 2017

2. where are the right click options on the scroll bar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

1. "am now missing a handy tool I used a lot," were you using any third party application?

2. Are you referring to scroll bar options in file explorer?

If yes, Please be informed that when you right click on the scroll bar in File Explorer (right side), you will get the below options.

1. Scroll here

2. Top

3. Bottom

4. Page up

5. Page down

6. Scroll up

7. Scroll down

However the above scroll bar options are not available for the navigation pane(left side of the file explorer).

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 26, 2017
  3. canswp Win User
    where are the right click options on the scroll bar?

Thank You, I will do that.

canswp, Jan 26, 2017
  4. JagoWU Win User

The open/save is defaulting to the users profile in documents. Check C:\users\profilename\appdata for the rest of the office settings.

JagoWU, Jan 31, 2017
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Sorry, I don't see anything. I see a users/dave/documents/custom office templates but nothing is there.

MPSAN, Jan 31, 2017
  6. JagoWU Win User
    the appdata folder his hidden. If you type it out in the address bar in explorer it will take you there or you can go to the view options and show all files and folders to see it. C:\users\dave\appdata

JagoWU, Feb 1, 2017
  7. MPSAN Win User
    Yes, I always show hidden.

MPSAN, Feb 1, 2017
  8. JagoWU Win User

Where are the Excel 2016 Options saved on the drive? [​IMG]

JagoWU, Feb 3, 2017
  9. MPSAN Win User
    Thank you, I will look again.

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are the Excel 2016 Options saved on the drive? - Similar Threads - Where are Excel

2. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  4. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  5. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  6. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How can I recover an excel2016 file that will not open maybe corrupt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/4ac0eb0f-7f93-4203-ba6e-ee4aa9899ed3
  7. save excel files to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...
  8. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/1e4038d6-9a54-44e0-9556-925b91cef13a
  9. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel 2016: I've recently installed Office 365 Home (64-bit edition) on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32 Gb of RAM and an i7 6-core processor and a 4k screen along with an Nvidia 1050 GPU. However, I've been very disappointed with the performance of Excel on the machine relative to...
  10. Show Paste Options Button In Excel 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Show Paste Options Button In Excel 2016: Can anyone explain to me why the show paste options button in Excel 2016 somehow keeps getting unchecked? [img] I use auto-fill a ton in Excel but it doesn't work if the show paste options button is unchecked. I don't know why it keeps happening but it happens a lot, I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are excel options saved