Windows 10: Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?

Discus and support Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender keeps removing my files. I go to scan history and NOTHING is there. I cannot restore these files. Where are they? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnW_New, Mar 23, 2019.

1. JohnW_New Win User

Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?

My windows defender keeps removing my files. I go to scan history and NOTHING is there. I cannot restore these files. Where are they?

Thanks

:)

JohnW_New, Mar 23, 2019

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 23, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted? - Similar Threads - Where are files

2. Defender, where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender, where?: Hello Sir/Madam: My w10 often tells me that this w10 has "VIRUS" and "MELWARE" I remember w10 has its own anti-virus software. Where is the software? How to bring it to the screen to kill virus? -- Zhao...
  3. Defender, where?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender, where?: Hello Sir/Madam: My w10 often tells me that this w10 has "VIRUS" and "MELWARE" I remember w10 has its own anti-virus software. Where is the software? How to bring it to the screen to kill virus? -- Zhao...
  4. Defender, where?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. where is the file delete option?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the file delete option?: Sorry for the super vague question. Weeks ago I found some option in windows to delete unused files. It listed types of files, and they were in collections by size, and could be up to 10 gigs. So when they were deleted, it took hours to finish. The option I'm talking about...
  6. where is the windows defender start file?

where is the windows defender start file?: I want to start windows defender with a batch file. Where is the start or .exe type file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/where-is-the-windows-defender-start-file/ef7458f3-9281-486c-a685-71cc8d3700fb
  7. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  8. Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?

Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?: Some time ago Windows Defender popped up a message that it needs to reboot my computer because it suspected that I had a virus in one of the files. This was in a VMware vm. I ignored it for a while. Now when I rebooted computer my VM doesn't boot. It gives me a message that...
  9. Windows Defender showing already deleted files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender showing already deleted files.: Hi! Around 2 months ago I downloaded some miners but quickly realized they weren't really profitable with my current setup, so I deleted them. I do virus scans every so often as you should and it kept picking up tons of already deleted files (nicehashminer, saladio) and its...
  10. Where Could Deleted Files Be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Could Deleted Files Be?: Win10. I copied hundreds of image files from G: to E: to make room on G: for Macrium images. Looking at the sizes they didn't match so I tried to get duplicate finder software to compare the directories so's I'd know what was missing and be in a position to delete those...